The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Output Platform Studio Desk
Old 1st March 2019
Output Platform Studio Desk

Is anyone here using this? lf so, what do you think so far? Does it feel cheap or is actually well-built?
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Honestly, you could make that desk for pretty cheap. All you would need is a skill saw which you could probably rent for $10 a day.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Addict

You can buy a skill saw for less than 50 bucks. Don't rent. Everyone should own a skill saw.
Old 6th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Honestly, you could make that desk for pretty cheap. All you would need is a skill saw which you could probably rent for $10 a day.
damn l wish. lm not very handy at all. it would be nice though as l would like a little more actual desk space. looking to have an all in one station for my drum boxes, sequencers and my DAW station.
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear

You might want to try posting in this thread as a couple of people mentioned having it.

Anyone in NYC with one of those Output desks?
Old 7th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
You might want to try posting in this thread as a couple of people mentioned having it.

Anyone in NYC with one of those Output desks?
thank you ?
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Nut

I ordered a Platform with tray last Wednesday at Eusonic.co (website - EU exclusive dealer) and they already delivered yesterday. (NL to BE)

I'm going to assemble it today and give you feedback.

ps : I had some questions and their support is quick and very friendly !
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Nut

Just assembled the Platform.

Quiet easy, straight forward with some thinking to do about the legs.
Nicely instructed in the manual but maybe too small to directly see how to.

Remarks :

- One screw got damaged by using electric screwdriver but there are spare ones so no problem.
- In-between-panels for the 19" spaces are somewhat difficult to assemble.
The special thingys do not get easy into the panels. When fixing them there is
some little space between top/botom shelfs. But strong, it is.
- Little concern about the tray. 8 small screws at each side for hanging the
tray seems a lot, but I'm afraid they will eventually come out after a long time
playing. Another way of fixing would have been great, if at all possible and not
to disturb the easy use of this tray.

Overall : Seems very strong and looks great. A lot of space and a nice
cable-holder system. The plastic feet are good so you can move the desk
easily when setting up your cables and stuff.

I'm going to organize all cables first, then put the desk against the wall and
add my equipment.

Nice Job Output ! This is the first one I have that I love.
Before I bought some others and returned them because not stirdy, broken in
transport, missing pieces and so on. This is the first one to stay and no more
home made solutions for me (which I always seem to construct like concrete bunkers)
Old 10th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulogic View Post
Just assembled the Platform.

Quiet easy, straight forward with some thinking to do about the legs.
Nicely instructed in the manual but maybe too small to directly see how to.

Remarks :

- One screw got damaged by using electric screwdriver but there are spare ones so no problem.
- In-between-panels for the 19" spaces are somewhat difficult to assemble.
The special thingys do not get easy into the panels. When fixing them there is
some little space between top/botom shelfs. But strong, it is.
- Little concern about the tray. 8 small screws at each side for hanging the
tray seems a lot, but I'm afraid they will eventually come out after a long time
playing. Another way of fixing would have been great, if at all possible and not
to disturb the easy use of this tray.

Overall : Seems very strong and looks great. A lot of space and a nice
cable-holder system. The plastic feet are good so you can move the desk
easily when setting up your cables and stuff.

I'm going to organize all cables first, then put the desk against the wall and
add my equipment.

home made solutions for me (which I always seem to construct like concrete bunkers)
Warning - do not get any liquids on this desk, including any furniture cleaning sprays. I lightly wiped mine down and the wood started splitting along the grain within 5 mins in several areas.

Also, watch rubber feet underneath anything you put on there - it starts leeching into the coating. I have black rings permanently on the surface from an old drum machine.

Other than the really crappy finish, it’s a pretty good desk.
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Nut

Thanks for the warning.

Maybe the varnish or coating is not "hard" enough. To best coating I know
would be boat varnish.

I'll make a little test on a small corner and see. Hopefully they changed
the coating product.

The wood (dark brown) is really nice and seems very strong. Except at one side, when mounting
the top shelf, a little chip came off when I tightened the screw. But probably
my fault : used to much force. (I'm a 110 Kg muscled person... )
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Nut

No problem with cleaning the surface but when installing all wires/cables...
A lot of scratches from the plugs... omg.

Next time off - remove equipment, sand a little, apply several coats of
boat varnish !
Old 13th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Warning - do not get any liquids on this desk, including any furniture cleaning sprays. I lightly wiped mine down and the wood started splitting along the grain within 5 mins in several areas.

Also, watch rubber feet underneath anything you put on there - it starts leeching into the coating. I have black rings permanently on the surface from an old drum machine.

Other than the really crappy finish, it’s a pretty good desk.
Damn can you post pics? Did you contact customer service?
Old 14th March 2019
Quote:
No problem with cleaning the surface but when installing all wires/cables...
A lot of scratches from the plugs... omg.

Next time off - remove equipment, sand a little, apply several coats of
boat varnish !
care to share some pics of the damage?
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Nut

Here a few pictures of some of the scratches.
The result when one end of a cable (the plug) moves when connecting
the other side into some equipment.

The coating must be very thin or very weak.

The desk is strong and seems good for years but some points could be better, at least for this
price.

My ideas :

1. Better coating, of course.
2. A few more screws for the sides. Only 2 screws may be a problem within the next years.
3. Other fixing of tray
4. Other system to fix top shelf and separators... the ikea-way would be tighter. See paper in picture
Attached Thumbnails
Output Platform Studio Desk-platform1.jpg   Output Platform Studio Desk-platform2.jpg   Output Platform Studio Desk-platform3.jpg   Output Platform Studio Desk-platform4.jpg   Output Platform Studio Desk-platform5.jpg  

Last edited by Paulogic; 15th March 2019 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Adding extra info.
Old 15th March 2019
Thanks for uploading those. lf l pull the trigger l think Im gonna get the the natural finish.
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Nut

I ordered a natural in the first place, but when delivered my wife did not check the color mentioned on the boxes.
So I contacted the importer and the warehouse made a mistake. I really wanted to start assembling it, so I opted to
upgrade. Still waiting for the payment info to pay the difference...
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Interested to hear your verdict after a couple of months use? Im looking at one of these, but for the price would expect it to be faultless...

You mention some disappointments. Any of these products?

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording...4music-8U/2FVY

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording...ngle-Grey/2D7I

Anyone own these, can give some feedback on build quality?

Cheers!
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I ordered a natural in the first place, but when delivered my wife did not check the color mentioned on the boxes.
So I contacted the importer and the warehouse made a mistake. I really wanted to start assembling it, so I opted to
upgrade. Still waiting for the payment info to pay the difference...
Wait, so they accidentally sent you the upgraded unit and you contacted them to make sure you paid them the difference?

They would have had to have eaten the shipping costs 2x to take it back and send you the cheaper model.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Nut

Yeah, I know but I'm like that : in Belgium we say "Juust is Juust"
which means "Wright is Wright".

And... as I'm an IT Nerd/Guy/compagny, these desk are also well suited for
office purposes. So I advise my customers with multiple monitors to buy these.
Then I can go assemble and install which is an extra service for my clients.
And you know, if they see you, you can sell them something.
Old 1st June 2019
Here for the gear

Since you mention the Platform desk being good for office purposes, I have a question: what do you think about the ergonomics of typing on a computer keyboard on the desktop, with your legs below the pullout keyboard tray? Would the desktop be too high for a good typing position?
Old 21st June 2019
Here for the gear

I bought one of these desks about 2 months ago. im really loving it. very sturdy, room for *most* of my synths and some rack pieces. i have the brown stained version...i haven't experienced any of the checking or splitting that was mentioned in previous posts. i also opted to not get the keyboard tray, so i dont know how well that thing is made. the cable management is really what i was looking for, and it's definitely keeping my workspace tidy. really dont have any complaints, aside that it weighs a ton in shipping. and you probably could build this desk for far less, but im really paying for the ease and the design.
Old 31st July 2019
Here for the gear

love mine

I love mine - posted experiences here: Anyone in NYC with one of those Output desks?
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

so, i'm using a cheaper clone of this — made of OSB instead of wood, cheaper parts, etc.

would highly recommend.
Old 10th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaocrator View Post
so, i'm using a cheaper clone of this — made of OSB instead of wood, cheaper furniture, etc.

would highly recommend.
where’d you get it?
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtechno View Post
where’d you get it?
there's a small woodworking shop here in Ukraine that does some nice studio desks for cheap. feel free to PM for details.
Old 19th October 2019
Lives for gear

FYI I have one of these that I will be replacing with a Jaspers rack in Seattle (SLU area). Anyone interested in it is welcome to it if they arrange for pickup. I should have my Jaspers setup here in a couple weeks.

EDIT: Claimed!

Last edited by ModularOverkill; 20th October 2019 at 03:32 PM..
Old 5th February 2020
Lives for gear

10 weeks delivery time for one of these desks
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 View Post
10 weeks delivery time for one of these desks
Yeah, I ordered one a while back and I am expecting it Mid-March.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear
Got mine about a month ago with the dark finish and added keyboard tray. I must have just ordered it on the day before they realized how much demand they were getting for these things because it said 3-4 weeks when I ordered, but ended up turning into 12 weeks going through the holidays and after they contacted everybody about reconfiguring their manufacturing, distribution, etc. Tim from their customer service was great with me and to get me through the extended wait, I was gifted enough Output software of my choice that's worth over half the cost of the desk.

Once the desk arrived, setup was nothing out of the ordinary if you've assembled Ikea before. I got a little lost at the beginning of the process but the YouTube video cleared it right up. You can get through the assembly with just one person but it's a bit tricky on one step, so you may want someone around for that. Total assembly time was about 2.5 Tame Impala albums.

It certainly looks gorgeous. There's a scratch on one of the corners of a leg that I think I caused during assembly anyway. I've been following the advice of the above posters and avoid getting moisture on it or wipe it immediately if it happens. So far so good. It still looks like the day I assembled it and it's been all day every day at this thing for a month. My room is 15x15 and it looks great lined up with the monitors about 2 feet away from the wall and a couch on the opposite wall.

For anyone wanting specifics on the ergonomic setup: Apollo x6 on the top left rack. This is a perfect position to reach for the volume knobs. UAD satellite next to a Joe Meek compressor under that. Just reference books in the middle rack space for now. Power conditioner in the top right rack. Laptop, external keyboard, mouse, and laptop on the main desk. Widescreen monitor, Avantone mixcube, and lava lamp on top shelf. HS8 monitors on separate stands just off to the side and just above the shelf height. Impulse 49 sitting in the keyboard tray. I have to say...it's PERFECT! I'm 5'10 and the height feels just right. The dimensions put you in a nice 5x5x5 triangle with your monitors. Everything is easily within reach if you are pulled up to the desk.

Cable management is great. Everything in the back is snaked through the tray system into the Apollo or power conditioner and then snaked up into the conveniently located cutouts on each side. I have one thunderbolt adapter that connects all the peripherals to one place. To get started, all you have to do is connect two thunderbolt cables to your laptop, flip on the power conditioner, and you're ready to roll. All the little details in the design just make it easy to make configurations like this.

TL:DR
Yeah, I recommend it. It's easily the best production desk in its price range and better than a lot that are twice the price. If you're at the point where you want a real home studio setup with multiple monitors, everything within reach, etc., get this one.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fus007 View Post
Got mine about a month ago with the dark finish and added keyboard tray. I must have just ordered it on the day before they realized how much demand they were getting for these things because it said 3-4 weeks when I ordered, but ended up turning into 12 weeks going through the holidays and after they contacted everybody about reconfiguring their manufacturing, distribution, etc. Tim from their customer service was great with me and to get me through the extended wait, I was gifted enough Output software of my choice that's worth over half the cost of the desk.

Once the desk arrived, setup was nothing out of the ordinary if you've assembled Ikea before. I got a little lost at the beginning of the process but the YouTube video cleared it right up. You can get through the assembly with just one person but it's a bit tricky on one step, so you may want someone around for that. Total assembly time was about 2.5 Tame Impala albums.

It certainly looks gorgeous. There's a scratch on one of the corners of a leg that I think I caused during assembly anyway. I've been following the advice of the above posters and avoid getting moisture on it or wipe it immediately if it happens. So far so good. It still looks like the day I assembled it and it's been all day every day at this thing for a month. My room is 15x15 and it looks great lined up with the monitors about 2 feet away from the wall and a couch on the opposite wall.

For anyone wanting specifics on the ergonomic setup: Apollo x6 on the top left rack. This is a perfect position to reach for the volume knobs. UAD satellite next to a Joe Meek compressor under that. Just reference books in the middle rack space for now. Power conditioner in the top right rack. Laptop, external keyboard, mouse, and laptop on the main desk. Widescreen monitor, Avantone mixcube, and lava lamp on top shelf. HS8 monitors on separate stands just off to the side and just above the shelf height. Impulse 49 sitting in the keyboard tray. I have to say...it's PERFECT! I'm 5'10 and the height feels just right. The dimensions put you in a nice 5x5x5 triangle with your monitors. Everything is easily within reach if you are pulled up to the desk.

Cable management is great. Everything in the back is snaked through the tray system into the Apollo or power conditioner and then snaked up into the conveniently located cutouts on each side. I have one thunderbolt adapter that connects all the peripherals to one place. To get started, all you have to do is connect two thunderbolt cables to your laptop, flip on the power conditioner, and you're ready to roll. All the little details in the design just make it easy to make configurations like this.

TL:DR
Yeah, I recommend it. It's easily the best production desk in its price range and better than a lot that are twice the price. If you're at the point where you want a real home studio setup with multiple monitors, everything within reach, etc., get this one.
Awesome review. Its been over 2 months wait so far for me. Maybe i should check in with them.
📝 Reply