The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
No love for the Presonus Studio 1810 interface? Audio Interfaces
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No love for the Presonus Studio 1810 interface?

the 1810 seems like a good solution, 4 mic pres (xmax) which seems to hold up as ok mic pres. adat in and good amount of ins and outs.

Ive read some posts about latency issues on the driver but not that many.
ALso i couldnt see if it has direct monitoring but their page says something like it.

Anyone have an care to share positive or negative info?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Despite of not working with my good old Windows 7 DAW PC... On my newer Win 10 PC the Studio 1824 (which is basically the same interface with more preamps) has no problems. The latency is perfectly usable. Ableton Live 10 shows me a global latency of 5,44ms with 64 samples buffer. With a buffer of 128 samples it is 9,89ms ...
It is well build, sounds very clean and has a low noisefloor. It replaced a RME Fireface UC. Until now no regrets. Time will tell if it´s as solid as my Fireface.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munitone View Post
Despite of not working with my good old Windows 7 DAW PC... On my newer Win 10 PC the Studio 1824 (which is basically the same interface with more preamps) has no problems. The latency is perfectly usable. Ableton Live 10 shows me a global latency of 5,44ms with 64 samples buffer. With a buffer of 128 samples it is 9,89ms ...
It is well build, sounds very clean and has a low noisefloor. It replaced a RME Fireface UC. Until now no regrets. Time will tell if it´s as solid as my Fireface.
how was latency with the rme. Seems like an odd choice, one would think the rme is better in just about every conceivable way.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks. good to know.

so how is the direct monitoring options? or how is that process?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundationsAudio View Post
how was latency with the rme. Seems like an odd choice, one would think the rme is better in just about every conceivable way.
i think interfaces in the low end has come a long way. your comment might of been true like a decade ago but these new low end interfaces preamps and conversion are up to par with the high end interfaces imo. the only thing of new and different is the dsp addition added to some of the high end ones. that of course is a huge deal, being able to record with modeled pres, eq, guitar amps sims, comp, reverb into a track w no or tiny latency is crazy. but im sure there are different opinions and its hard to compare all low and vs high end.. but that has been my impression latley.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundationsAudio View Post
RME:
smpls : ms
64: 5,58
128: 8,48
256: 14,3

Presonus:
64: 5,44
128: 9,89
256: 18,8

never needed more than 128 samples buffer, even with biger projects wit 50+ audio and VSTi tracks.

RME has a bit better specs, some more professional / complex routing possibilities and features like AES/EBU, 2 MIDI ports etc. But I wanted a more simple solution with more preamps and potentiometers for every channel. When recording is your everyday business, workflow is more important than slighter better specs.

The Presonus is a good sounding and fine working interface with a good build quality. Solid middleclass. Is it as reliable as my Fireface? - Time will tell. But from today´s standpoint I´m satisfied.

For routing questions: Just download and read the manual. It´s quite simple
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
RME:
smpls : ms
64: 5,58
128: 8,48
256: 14,3

Presonus:
64: 5,44
128: 9,89
256: 18,8

never needed more than 128 samples buffer, even with biger projects wit 50+ audio and VSTi tracks.

RME has a bit better specs, some more professional / complex routing possibilities and features like AES/EBU, 2 MIDI ports etc. But I wanted a more simple solution with more preamps and potentiometers for every channel. When recording is your everyday business, workflow is more important than slighter better specs.

The Presonus is a good sounding and fine working interface with a good build quality. Solid middleclass. Is it as reliable as my Fireface? - Time will tell. But from today´s standpoint I´m satisfied.

For routing questions: Just download and read the manual. It´s quite simple
good to know thanks.

i downloaded the manual and checked it out a little. so it seems the monitoring is through the software app. ? but when recording is there an option to have the audio go through directly? from what i read it seems so but wondering just in case i missed anything.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
good to know thanks.

i downloaded the manual and checked it out a little. so it seems the monitoring is through the software app. ? but when recording is there an option to have the audio go through directly? from what i read it seems so but wondering just in case i missed anything.
I've had this box for a couple of weeks now. I should say I haven't excessively tinkered with it, also I've upgraded from a Scarlett 2i2 which is a much simpler unit, but a couple of things annoy me so far. yes you can do direct monitoring, but you need it connected to a computer and the control software running. as far as I'm aware. there is a mixer built into the control software, which could have been designed to be much more intuitive, the routing part at least. then you have to bypass the mixer in order to let a DAW do the routing (unless you use Presonus StudioLive I think, their own DAW). Sometimes you have to switch the bypass on and off and then on again for it to work. For some reason the Windows sound output stops working when I start Live 9. Then I have to set the buffer to the highest setting somehow to avoid crackle during recording.. a couple of things could be causing this though. No headphone jack being located on the front is a minor inconvenience.
E: I earlier wrote that there's no seperate volume knob for the headphone out--this isn't true, there's two of them, both stereo and you can switch between them with a hardware button!

On the upside: the features, it's built very well and the sound quality is great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search