The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Oktava vs Used Oktava Joly
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

New Oktava vs Used Oktava Joly

Hey there, quick question. Why would anyone buy a used Joly modded Oktava when the new Oktavas appear to have most of the mods implemented. I see the used Joly Oktavas going for almost double the price of the new ones. Does anyone have experience with both and can give some input about the similarities/differences? Thanks!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

AFAIK the Oktava manufacturer hasn't modified their 319's. Did you come across that somewhere?

FWIW I have a stock 319 and a 219.

They're each the best ones of each type, I ever came across, for my voice. So am unlikely to mod them. The 219 is of the "bright/clear" type-for a 219/319. The 319 is the darkest (not muddy!) one I've found.

You could order a new, or used 319 to evaluate it.
If you feel like modifying it...

Bill Sitler, and JJ Audio both have good reputations. BTW I prefer to leave the resonator
disc in, and leave the headbasket alone.

If you can get a Joly 219, or 319, at a good price...
Buy it!.
Chris
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru
Probably since Joly isn't modding them anymore is the price bump. You can easily take out the extra layer of mesh in and carefully take the resonator disc out if you want. I just saw a Russian used 2500 on Reverb for around $250- which is a tube mic and a couple of Chinese ones (I think)..... FWIW......

Great mics.... I have a 2500 and a 319.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search