The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
is the Kt 2a a studio workhorse
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

is the Kt 2a a studio workhorse

Seen this clone for £270 and seems like for a budget studio it would have many applications. Now im not too fused if its exactly the same character as original, at this price point it can not be, but does it behave similar and whats the general consensus for this unit. cant find too much online.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Yes, it behaves similarly to a real LA2a. And you're right, it's not an identical clone, but it seems well built, has a killer warranty, and sits alongside my other compressors - 30 + channels) - just fine. I like it.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

thanks for reply ! always get a bit sceptical when buying "cheaper" gear especially with behringer/klarktecnic name on it. i know there is ongoing battle with that name but seems with these units (1176/la2a/pultec) they seem to be turning heads at the moment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search