The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best budget studio monitors? Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Best budget studio monitors?

hey guys,not sure if this the right place to post (feel free to move it,mods)

anyway,i know this question has been asked already but there is so many
varied opinions on this topic.

im moving from south east asia back home to italy,and sadly i can not take my studio monitors with me.way too heavy.so im looking to buy something quick and easy on a budget.not planning on staying in italy for too long.what would you suggest?
everybody seems to be praising the mackie cr3 but to be honest,they feel like a "toy"(more like glorified pc speakers than studio monitors).i need something a little more serious.i need honest to god studio monitors.willing to go second hand (price range 200$ tops).im not expecting mind blowing quality (you get what you pay for...or as we say in italy : "pochi soldi poca musica").but STILL...i would rather have a not so good STUDIO MONITOR than a glorified pc speaker.

what should i go with?what are my best options for 200$ that would still fall under the category of REAL/PROFESSIONAL/SERIOUS studio monitors?(even if just barely)

let me know,thanks in advance
Old 1 week ago
Absolutely buy second hand. JBL LSR305 for example. They are everywhere. I used them for a couple of years. They do great for the price.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Absolutely buy second hand. JBL LSR305 for example. They are everywhere. I used them for a couple of years. They do great for the price.
yikes...cant find this particular model here.only could find one seller but hes on the other side of the country and wont ship.

any alternatives of similar quality that come to mind?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

anyone has any experience with "Behringer B2030A"?have a chance to get them used for 160$

is that a good deal?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Behringer is very hit and miss. I'd buy just about anything BUT Behringer

I love my Yamaha HS5s, if you can find some used.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

try to find Yamaha MSP5
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I have the jBL LSR305 too, great budget monitors.
Maybe you can find a pair secondhand IK Multimedia Iloud Micro Monitor or KRK Rokit 6 G3
Great monitors too.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=BazzBass;13737776

I love my Yamaha HS5s, if you can find some used.[/QUOTE]

I too am having great results using the Yamaha HS5s, I second that recommendation.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search