The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JJ Audio vs John Bonnell upgrade Nt1a
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

JJ Audio vs John Bonnell upgrade Nt1a

Hi, I had 2 nt1as. I had michal jolly mod one to match the u87. I didn't care that much about getting a matched pair, but now that his shop is down, I'm considering what to do with the second mic. I've heard great feedback from swapping out the capsule for a rk47, and JJ audio sells k47s. On the other hand, I've also heard good things about JB. His claim to fame is tweaking the circutry you can get rid of the harsh highs without replacing the capsule. Which do you think would be more useful/better/more applications? It's probably going to get used mostly on the ride cymbal and anything else is a bonus. Thanks
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
I have two that Joly modded. He wrote at length about the need for replacing the Rode headbasket (in addition to the capsule and electronic mods). If the mod doesn’t replace the headbasket, you aren’t going to correct all of the signature unpleasantness of the stock Rode.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search