The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer C-2 Condenser Microphones
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Behringer C-2

Recently I ordered a stereo pair of Behringer C-2 SDC mics. I wanted to have something I could leave installed on my toms.

I have never sent a product back that fast. Just switched them on once, and what I heard was so awful full of noise that I didn't want to deal with that.

I thought with 35 Euro for a pair of mics you can't go wrong. Wrong! You can...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

cool story
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I doubt it was meant to be a "cool story" - it might have some interest to people shopping budget SDCs though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

These mics are surely to be best avoided, budget or not. In the same go I also bought a Superlux HL10, which also is certainly not a killer mic, but here I would say, OK, 29 Euro and it can do some jobs, and that would be something I'd call OK for the money (so I don't think I'm a total snob )
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
and here I am happy as a clam with my C-2 pair...what did you plug them in to? I use mine for a room pair, OK, but cardioid...
I did get 3 B-5 SDC mics (again very inexpensive) to do live room things - use the omni capsules.

Where did the noise come from? Filter on/off? What on earth did you expect? Who can tell after you get done mixing the recording?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
I doubt it was meant to be a "cool story" - it might have some interest to people shopping budget SDCs though.
Oh, come on.
what you expect from a 35€ pair SDC's?
they're so cheap, it's almost ike you're loosing money while you're bashing them
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And yet someone has already responded that they are quite happy with them. Cheap doesn't automatically equal bad, esp in this day and age.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hmmmm.... I had a pair and they sounded just fine. Not as good as my KM184s, 451s and SM81s, but completely usable.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post

And yet someone has already responded that they are quite happy with them. Cheap doesn't automatically equal bad, esp in this day and age.
just used them myself on hi hats for a live concert recording. did the job just fine. it is just to me how one would buy a pair of these and expect them to sound great.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

? He didn't say he expected them to sound great.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
I'm using these, until I get money for new ones.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

As I said, I didn't expect great mics, just a basic function, but the signal was so noisy with hiss and RF.

I'm not against cheap, it can be quite usable, as are the Superlux mics, of which I have several and which are also ridiculously cheap (see the whole bunch of treads about Superlux ORTF mic S501), so I'm not bashing anything just because of the price.

Maybe I just had bad luck of a bad pair, but when I read around, high noise is occasionally mentioned, Didn't imagine that bad ...

Anyway, we don't need to continue this; if there are people happy with these mics, all the better.

If you decide to buy them, at least really you are warned you could run into noise problems

best wishes
Robert
Old 1 week ago
I had an issue with the behringer c2 switches getting stuck between settings and making a horrible sound. Had to return them. Decent sound otherwise.

I really like the Isk Pearl in the same price range. Not peaky in the top end and easy to eq. Doesn't have great switches either but I really don't touch them to be honest.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have a pair. I dont mind them at all.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Neibauer View Post
I had an issue with the behringer c2 switches getting stuck between settings and making a horrible sound. Had to return them. Decent sound otherwise.

I really like the Isk Pearl in the same price range. Not peaky in the top end and easy to eq. Doesn't have great switches either but I really don't touch them to be honest.
Maybe something similar was the case with the pair I had ordered ... the switches were half off the slit and barely reachable, so maybe this was part or cause of the problem. I should order another pair and give them a try...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

That's the spirit It is certainly possible that you just ended up a bad batch. Good luck.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm glad I posted that. Through some of the responses I became convinced that something was wrong with those particular microphones and ordered another pair from another supplier. They do not exhibit the obvious problems the other ones. The noise is really very acceptable, especially in the context I want to put them: as tom mics...

Soundwise I find them on a bright/hard side, but hey, they will do it for where they go... Thanks to everybody.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search