The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New(ish) super cheap mic/preamp clone vendor? Consoles
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
New(ish) super cheap mic/preamp clone vendor?

I recall reading a post on here, some new Chinese manufacturer of mic and preamp clones for really cheap. Can't for the life of me remember the name.
Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Beijing 797, Feilo and ShuaiYin as well
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Not sure how Alctron would be on repair service.
Worth checking out though.
Chris
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have 2 of the alctron 500 series preamps and they are great, I like the sound a lot. I have the compressors as well, it is built really well but I didn’t love it as much. Nothing wrong with it, I think I was just expecting something different. I found that I had to be a little more conservative with it than I may have thought at first. I haven’t spent too much time with it lately, I should go back to work on it some.

Either way, I had my alctron ribbon mic from the tapeop group buy about 15 years ago and it served me well, it now lives with my songwriting partners in Maine.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Where's the most reputable place to buy Alctron stuff? There's a dude off of Reverb, and of course eBay by way of Australia, but would there are some distributors in NA.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

The guy from reverb (and eBay) is on here, I think his user name is Noel the musician or something like that. He was super easy to deal with, I had them in a few days. I'd buy from him again with no worries at all.

Another cool 500 series source is barthrk.com, I have 2 of the stereo preamps that he makes and they are fantastic clean preamps that worked really well with my tube mic and with my ribbons, plus they have 2 preamps in one space, so I have 4 channels of his preamps and 2 alctron, plus the 2 alctron comps in a 6 space api lunchbox, I'm halt with that setup, although I am thinking about replacing the comps with more preamps as that would be more useful to me. I'm thinking either 2 more stereo or getting 2 of the colour preamps (I'm pretty sure he's building a variation of the diyre channels), but I'm not in a huge rush as I do a lot more live sound than studio recording right now. One of these days I want to bring the lunchbox to a live gig to try it out and see if it makes a nice difference- the alctron neve would probably sound nicer than the m7cl preamps..
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search