The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Interface outputs dead? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Audio Interface outputs dead?

Hello!

Just registered, but I'm a longtime lurker here.

So to cut a long story short, I need some help to verify if one pair of my outputs are dead.

Interface is Audient ID22.

I bought the Rat 2 to finally have some real outboard gear. I don't use it with a guitar, just as an effect.

I had output 3 from the interface going into the Rat in, and from the pedal to return 2 in the interface. Also set up the ID22 software mixer according to many guides (Output 3-4 DAW THRU) and all that.

And for the life of me could not get it to work. Did more research and found that I need a reamp box. So I got the Radial SB-2.

Still couldn't get it to work.

Now I changed the outputs and send to the pedal via Output 1, back into return 2 and what do you know, I get sound, all is good. (Also configured the software mixer accordingly)

Connected my monitors to outs 3-4, nothing. (Mixer outs 3-4 Main Mix).

So in conclusion, no sound from the pedal via outs 3-4, and no sound from monitors via outs 3-4. The interface is new, a month old the most. I had never connected anything into outs 3-4 before I got the pedal two days ago.

Is there anything I might have missed, or should I contact the store I bought the interface from?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also set up the iD22 software mixer according to many guides (Output 3-4 DAW THRU) and all that.
If i am understanding you correctly, you never set up the main outs 3/4 in your DAW. You need to either make a send on the master bus or direct the tracks to the main outs 3/4 inside your DAW, not only your cue mix software.

This is why outs 1/2 work and 3/4 do not. the DAW is just like a mixer.

CJ
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search