The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Interior for the home music studio that is informative (posters with scales & info..)
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Interior for the home music studio that is informative (posters with scales & info..)

Hello.

I'm writing because I have been thinking to set some stuff up at my walls in my music room but I've not managed to find what I was looking for.

So I know I've seen some cool posters having scales and such on them which I think is cool. I was thinking about doing something like the posters in a nice frame etc and make it really blend in without messing up the acoustics more than it is.

So I've searched and searched, looked through a couple of threads but did not find what I wanted even though I find one poster which I wasn't very fond of and therefore I'm creating a thread here on Gearslutz just for that.

Informative decoration, interion & posters!
They could be about anything related to music and songwriting, even key commands for DAW's, how to solder audio cables (okay this one is pushing it but yeah..)..
I think you get it, everything anyone could have forgot or should know about.

Not Pintrest though, I can't stand Pinterest. It should be something you can actually buy and hopefully it's something that has a bit of quality to it so that it's an actual poster and not a low resolution image printed. I know you get this so I'm not sure why I keep explaining stuff, Thanks. .
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Maniac

That's exactly what I was looking for but I want more! Anyone sitting on some cool stuff or maybe someone who wants to show off their design skills? I'll pay for something cool and new thinking related to music and music theory!
Old 25th September 2018
Lives for gear

For me I like to collect old music related signs and things. I have a clock and some shelving.
Old 25th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Your room really looks amazing! Especially the glowing light :-).
Old 25th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratriplel View Post
Your room really looks amazing! Especially the glowing light :-).
Thanks. Everything in there I either made, found on the street or at flea markets as far as furniture and decorations go.
Old 27th September 2018
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by johnny nowhere; 27th September 2018 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Image being a jackyl to post...
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Thanks. Everything in there I either made, found on the street or at flea markets as far as furniture and decorations go.

That makes it even cooler!

I'll check out Poster, Color Code Chart | Antique Electronic Supply
as Musician's Friend doesn't let me in due to me being in Europe.
Old 28th September 2018
Lives for gear

This is kind of barebones and academic, but I think it's super cool, as well as useful.....I bought Katz's book about 10 years ago and have had this tacked up in my mix area ever since.

Carnegie Hall Chart - Digido.com

Old 28th September 2018
Lives for gear

If you're looking for music theory posters, you can find all manner of them by visiting websites that cater to school teachers.

for example:
Search

when my wife was a music teacher I used to make posters for her.
Old 29th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Wow those are really cool.

I especially liked a couple of those Groth music posters! Will defiantly look into ordering some of them!

And to be really honest. It's not just did decoration I'd like some posters but for learning or rather be able to look up the things I have not been able to learn and memories such as chords and ryrhms (not sure what I mean about ryrhms but it would be awesome to have a poster of a piano roll (because I don't know notes) and just follow the dots on order to achieve what's in my head when programming drums. Not sure if there are any posters or helping images like that or even how they would work in order for me and others to understand them, maybe the typical drum machine route is the way to go "swing, rock, rock 2, bossanova... Et c" haha.
I just have had such a hunger for learning lately but have not been able to figure out where to turn.
This thread was one of my desperate resorts for finding that information, glad that it has gotten some responses :-).
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post

I'm more of a hard drug guy myself.
Old 2nd October 2018
Lives for gear

While sitting at a computer?
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Maniac

Nooo! That would be irresponsible, you could accidentally kill someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
While sitting at a computer?
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Addict

For learning, for decades I've somehow managed to hold onto a copy of the book The Keyboard Grimoire, which is pages and pages of just about every scale, chord, and mode you're ever likely to play in every key of 12-tone equal temperament, and some basic prose explanation at the beginning. It's like a less steal-able version of The Guitar Grimoire. Pretty boring, actually, but useful for learning obscure chords and scales.

You could tear the pages out and use as wallpaper, but they're double-sided, people would assume you're insane, and it probably WOULD drive you crazy if you had thousands of tiny drawn keyboards with dots on them, staring back at you every day.

Maybe a 'Circle of 5ths' poster is more reasonable, now that I think about it...
Old 7th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Maybe the circle of fifths would be more reasonable but I'd like to go for crazy anyway!

Okay so here's my idea. It doesn't have to be a poster.
It could just as well be a PDF or a text document, or just some random stuff on the internet that could be useful to keep staring at because I could make a poster of it myself, either print it on some poster-like paper or just use one of those sites (shouldn't be a problem if it's just one poster).

I'm still waiting for the right ones or the one that's perfect for me but maybe I'd might as well order one of the good ones mentioned in this thread since the perfect probably doesn't exist.

I really need to try out some new chords and ryrhms and learn them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search