The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What are the 3 favorite pieces of gear you own?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
1. MOTU 828es. I know it barely scrapes the under 1000 mark.
2. Warm Audio wa47jr. I have a pair of these and they flat out rock. I dont know why more people arent talking about them.
3. Tascam m320 console. You can pick these up for under 500 to 800 bucks all day long. They will kick the **** out of any Mackie out there. The signal routing options on there 300 series boards are nuts and the pre's sound great. The eq leaves something to be desired but as a front and back end to a hybrid set up its hard to beat without spending much more.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogalex View Post
I want a Waves L2 UltraMaximizer anyone have experience with? Worth it?
Yes, but if you want brutal volume, get the L3 instead.
Old 4 weeks ago
So instead of editing my original post, I think I wanna just post anew; get a clean slate after months of trying out gear I bought all at the same time and have finally gone through with a careful ear and a properly thoughtful mind...

My new top three faves, with overall utility/workhorse nature, overall favorable tonality, and overall best functionality, are as follows:

1) CAD M39 (the USA made predecessor to the well-known M179)
2) ART TubeOpto 8 preamp rack (great solid build on the outside, and decently chunky sounds produced via decently solid build on the inside)
And lastly, 3) CAD D82 (a very warm mic that sounds stellar on voices when mic’d closely, and on guitar amps)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I have to revise my previous post.

Faderport cause I couldn’t go without the natural feel and sound of fader automation.

Symphony I/O for all my routing options and amazing conversion and listening.

Prophet Rev2 for inspiration.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search