The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Option to record 8 inputs for around 900$? Audio Interfaces
Old 11th August 2018
Here for the gear

Best Option to record 8 inputs for around 900$?

Hello Slutz!
I want to record drums and need a few more inputs than my Focusrite scarlet 2i4 has to offer.
Sadly I only have a very limited budget of around 900$.
I would wonder what my best option is? An interface with 8 inputs or an interface with fewer inputs but an ADAT unit.
I had my eyes on the Focusrite Clarett 8prex, as I have been very happy with my Focusrite but was wondering if an audient with a Behringer 8200 would be better or another third option?
I hope you can help me
All the best
Prime
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

Why not UMC1820?

Then add 8200 for 16 tracks

all for $400
Old 11th August 2018
Lives for gear

You need 8 mic inputs or 8 inputs?

The Focusrite 18i8 has 8 inputs, but only four are mic-pres; the other four are line. You could probably use the pre's on your 2i2 into the 18i8. Set them up to pan left and right and then plug the outputs (2i2) into the inputs(18i8) which would get you six.
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

I use a Focusrite 18i8 for all my drums, Bass, Guitar, Keys and vocals and it works like a dream. Well worth the price of $309.99 for the 18i8. Should solve your problem very easily.
Old 12th August 2018
If your serious about spending the $$$.

MOTU LP32 USB / AVB Interface with ADAT

Start with one ADA 8200. Expandable to 3 more when you have the cash.
Old 12th August 2018
I would check out some of the digital live mixers. I currently am using a Midas MR18 16 in and out. I bought the MR as the front of my live rig. realized it's really great to record rehearsals and demos etc. I wouldn't hesitate to use it as my main recording interface.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search