The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
all Warm studio...with modifications
Old 4th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post
I BEEN TALKING ABOUT GEAR.
15 years of experience was supposed to mean..... LOL. AAND YEA ALWAYS PROMOTING. duh! This is HIP HOP (300 King Leonidas kick into abysss of darkness!)
I respect your hustle. You're still on the come up, and that's good.

A wise person takes advice with grace. They don't buck about being "schooled" when they hear something they don't like to hear. If you keep striving you might just find the answers you need. When you get there you'll understand what I meant when I mentioned 15 years.

If I was in your position I'd stay humble as a rule. Don't spend money on gear other people endorse just because they endorse it. Research other opinions. Come to your own conclusion based on that. Don't be led by how famous you think somebody might be (or were a million years ago).

Don't underestimate randoms on the internet either. You never know who you're actually talking to, or how they might have been able to help you.
Old 4th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened Hand View Post
I respect your hustle. You're still on the come up, and that's good.

A wise person takes advice with grace. They don't buck about being "schooled" when they hear something they don't like to hear. If you keep striving you might just find the answers you need. When you get there you'll understand what I meant when I mentioned 15 years.

If I was in your position I'd stay humble as a rule. Don't spend money on gear other people endorse just because they endorse it. Research other opinions. Come to your own conclusion based on that. Don't be led by how famous you think somebody might be (or were a million years ago).

Don't underestimate randoms on the internet either. You never know who you're actually talking to, or how they might have been able to help you.

Thanks appreciate it.
Old 4th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
You have an interesting way of showing that you “love feedback” and that it is “always appreciated”.
I listened to a clip. I’ll pass on giving any feedback you might “love” or “appreciate.”
cool, thanks
Old 7th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post
lol great analogy. I had a chevy impala for 2k and put 2k rims on it. **** was fly if u ask me. So yea I'm kinda that guy. But Rev D kit ....sounds lit. I heard that one as well and man that was def a 76. Where can I find someone to build it?
You can find them on Reverb pre-built often. There is also Audioscape - I believe to be of comparable quality and a bit cheaper probably then buying a kit and finding a builder.

This is for Rev F - less aggressive than Rev D but pretty close.

76F Compressor — AudioScape

Only 699 - I might have to get one...
Old 31st July 2019
Wanted to come back to this thread let yall know what happened:
AA 67se and used the wa73eq into wa76.
Just wrapped up my new project so its 10 examples the very chain. Id tell anybody that the warm audio stuff aint bad. Aint bad at all. Project drops friday.
I still plan on upgrading the the pre and comp. But for now.....let just make music shall we.
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear
Let me start with a definition, so there is no doubt that I am trying to school you.
The Urban Dictionary defines Quaz as someone or something that is extremely uncool. I don’t think that definition fits you. I think you are trying to define yourself as quite the opposite. That’s fine. But to benefit from this forum, you are going to have to hear, really hear, opinions and advice that you are not going to enjoy hearing. That’s how you increase your store of knowledge and get better. Not that you have to agree with anyone or everyone, but that you attempt to hear and weigh the advice. You don’t have to do anything with any of the advice. You also don’t have to come back at every post and tell the poster how stupid, wrong and off point they are. You have already been in this business long enough to know that it can take years to realize the importance of what someone already told you (before you were ready to hear it). You received some responses from what I believe to be very experienced and well meaning posters. You bit every one of them at least once. Don’t let your public persona get in the way of making progress with your art and craft. I didn’t see that anyone here was your enemy.
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Word!

Great post Bushman.
And I wish this young man, all the best.
Chris
Old 12th August 2019
Gear Addict

I would second a hair ball 1176 kit, and finding someone to assemble it, I have built a few, I do replace a few caps to follow the original better, they are in another league of 1176 and much closer to the real deal, the warm stuff is ok, the warm stuff modded a tiny bit better.
But no match to a hairball , better parts, better iron, better case, I have built about 6 for a few working studios, word got around, the engineers loved em...I still need to build me a pair, everytime I do they find new homes ...

never saw any warm audio in a working studio....
fine for home I suppose.

Same with pres and mics, if on a budget, and wanting pro gear, find a good tech, that builds for fun. Groupdiy is full of guys like that.

A don audio, or ez1073 kit will blow away a warm, or even heritage 1073 mic pre,
And I use a heritage at home...it’s a good 1073 style mic pre.
The don or ez blow it away though.
Stam has some great part selections and I bet they sound good as well, but no experience with his stuff personally.
I do use stams same partslist on my u87 clone.
Same capsule same iron, and it does make a great mic that stands with the real deal nuemans

It’s the Same with mics, it comes down to how much capsule you can afford, and what iron.
If no budget, just go to the top of your dream list.

If you can solider, and follow directions exactly, do basic math, read a dmm, or have the capacity to learn, no reason not to build something yourself.
It’s very satisfying, and can save money.
Many kits are so well documented now a-days...
Even a caveman could do it.

Something to consider.
Old 18th August 2019
OK, I'm gonna come to this guy's defense. MXL makes some damn fine mics. One of the first inexpensive tube mics ever made was the MXL V77. With a simple mod (installing a tube socket and a premium NOS 12 AY7) it became the best sounding mic for my own vocals I've ever used (as opposed to a Neumann U87, U67--yes, a real U67, Tele tube mics etc.) I've also got an MXL 5000 that's one of my favorite vocal mics. The Revelation and Genesis are also very good mics IMHO.
Old 7th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
OK, I'm gonna come to this guy's defense. MXL makes some damn fine mics. One of the first inexpensive tube mics ever made was the MXL V77. With a simple mod (installing a tube socket and a premium NOS 12 AY7) it became the best sounding mic for my own vocals I've ever used (as opposed to a Neumann U87, U67--yes, a real U67, Tele tube mics etc.) I've also got an MXL 5000 that's one of my favorite vocal mics. The Revelation and Genesis are also very good mics IMHO.
lol thanks, THey been bopping to my mxl mic sound for much longeer than they realized. (i wont tell if yall dont) but as a former ghost writer sometimes the final versions have included mxl mic recordings. end of the day if it feels good and looks good. ....thats what it is. Great performances happen on less than great equipment sometims.
i turn lemons into chickfila
these days im using a advanced audio cm67se. AMAXZING.
i still got my revelation tho...im telling ya...with the right voice and chain its def doing a great job as the back up.
📝 Reply