The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Preamp Opinions Multi-Channel Preamps
View Poll Results: Which preamp's should I choose?
SCA A12B
0 Votes - 0%
SCA C84
0 Votes - 0%
SCA J99B
0 Votes - 0%
SCA N72
1 Votes - 50.00%
CAPI VP26
0 Votes - 0%
API 3124
0 Votes - 0%
API 512c
1 Votes - 50.00%
Chandler Limited TG2
0 Votes - 0%
Vintech 273
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Preamp Opinions

Hello All! I am making a preamp purchase in the near future and wish to get some opinions on my options. Yes, I know that there are reviews, and believe me I have read them. But I'm hoping to get some opinions on specifics between my options, some thoughts from current or previous owners, and even if you have something else to suggest I research that is within this price range.

Here are the basics though. I am looking to upgrade to having two "solid pre-amps" (solid for myself anyways, as I am accustomed to recording through a few <$400 preamps or the built in preamps on my Scarlett 18i20). I am also upgrading my converters, but thats a separate story. These will get the majority of my use, as I will mainly be recording overdub "not drums" for lack of a better term (I am doing drum tracking in separate spaces than my own for obvious reasons). So onto my options, or should I say, what I have reviewed and have interest in thus far, keep in mind, my goal is to have two (well, at least two for the time being, a few of these give me more than two however) matching preamps...

Seventh Circle Audio
-A12B
-C84
-J99B
-N72

CAPI
-VP26

API
-3124+
-512c

Chandler
-TG2

Vintech

Again, any advice, pros and cons, thoughts or suggestions outside of these but within their relative price point are welcomed. Thanks!
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

I like API. But you'll hear about 100 different opinions on this.

Good luck sorting through them all.
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Unit Sound View Post
Good luck sorting through them all.
If I could like this part of this comment twice, I would
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

All good options there. I would add the Avedis MA5 to the list. They are seriously soooo nice.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

if you are posting in the low end forum maybe look at the warm audio api clone wa412

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search