The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Versatile mic that works with Audient ID preamps Audio Interfaces
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Versatile mic that works with Audient ID preamps

Hi folks!

I just bought a Audient ID14 for my little home studio and now im searching about a good (and not too expensive) that work Wells with the preamps of the interface (i mean dont need a fancy preamp to dont sound shrill for example) and versatile (vocals, acoustic guitar and guitar cabs mainly). Currently have a sm57 and a pair oficina cheap chinese ribbons (need a ribbon replacement)

What would you choose? Around 300 euros (max) new or used.

Thanxs!
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
What would you choose? Around 300 euros (max) new or used.
Mic choice is very personnel and dependent on the room you will be recording it in and the sound source it will be capturing. It depends on many variables and what sounds good for one person in one room may not sound good for that same person in another room.

For the things you listed, you already have a versatile mic that can record professional quality vocals and guitars, The SM57. This mic has captures some of the best vocals and guitars in hundreds of top songs.
I would use the SM57 and not spend the $300, as the SM57 can do what you already need.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search