The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I am selling an Allen & Heath GL4800 48 ch console
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Allen & Heath GL4800 48 ch console

traded music lessons on my handpan for this beauty but cant keep it due to sheer mass. unfortunately im taking it to bananas at large to sell it on consignment and cant find a very narrow price range to use in negotiations. Can anybody tell my inexperienced brain how much i should expect for it? Its been well maintained and in a temperature controlled building since the start, the church i got it from was the original owner.., How much is it worth? Notable is it does come with a valuable powers supply- rps11

Thanks for your response, any advice appreciated!

-Van

Last edited by Van Handpan; 3 days ago at 11:38 AM.. Reason: misleading title
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
It’s value, and what you can get for it are probably 2 different things. As for value, it’s probably worth over a thousand bucks, but I doubt that you would get anywhere near that for it. These big old analog mixers are becoming less desirable, as digital mixers are becoming more popular. I’d be willing to bet that’s why the church got rid of it.
Put it on the used market at $900, and lower your price by $50 every week until it sells.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear
1k if it is mint condition
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Well damn, what should I ask for one I'm selling? Its a GL2800 32 channel.

Not trying to steal the thread or anything, just thought I'd take the opportunity since I happen to have a very similar board.

Its in good condition. Scratches and scuffs. One channel is always a little overdriven. The gain knob makes no difference in drive amount, until that last 05% of travel, ya know, that spot where a cheap preamp just goes wide open.

I just always had it normalled as a bass guitar mult.

Anyways, would one bad channel out of 32 drop the price considerably?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search