The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is it me or did Behringer licence the Auratone name?
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
I can understand buying these if you have 1000 dollar monitors, but most of us low-end theorists already have crappy monitors.
Maybe I should have posted in the high-end law section.
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
Well if it is gonna cost 80 bucks extra per monitor than the Behritone, I hope that’s for some internal upgrades and not just the name!
Or even better some expensive internal downgrades.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear
Why doesnt anyone else make a good single driver monitor to compete?
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

I don’t see these for sale from any major online stores, anyone know what the deal is?

That website looks like a legit music group site.

Strange...
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I wish Reftones made one with a built-in amp. I like that speaker.
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hmmmmm.
https://www.auratonesoundcubes.com/

Denny

Last edited by dfchandler; 20th May 2018 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: update
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchandler View Post
They are the passive ones, different, but still, this situation is very confusing.
The Music Group active Auratones aren’t available at any major retailers, but these passive ones are. The active and the passive have different websites.

@ Uli Behringer , can you straighten this out?
Old 2nd June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
@ Uli Behringer , can you straighten this out?
Old 11th May 2019
Here for the gear

Hi all,

This is Alex Jacobsen with Auratone, grandson of the late Jack Wilson, the founder of Auratone and creator of the beloved 5C speaker. I'd like to help bring some clarity to this topic.

The Music Group/Behringer Auratone C5A and C50A are not related to us and our Auratone 5C in anyway. We have not sold nor licensed the brand. We are in a pending lawsuit with Music Group in US District Court regarding this matter.

There is also pending ligation in Europe in the EUIPO, and a decision in that case is imminent. All of these cases are of public record.

Auratone has been a family business for over 50 years, and we continue to operate as one, the way Jack would have wanted it. We look to carry on his legacy and are committed to protecting that.

Alex
Old 11th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJacobsen View Post
Hi all,

This is Alex Jacobsen with Auratone, grandson of the late Jack Wilson, the founder of Auratone and creator of the beloved 5C speaker. I'd like to help bring some clarity to this topic.

The Music Group/Behringer Auratone C5A and C50A are not related to us and our Auratone 5C in anyway. We have not sold nor licensed the brand. We filed a lawsuit against Music Group in US District Court for trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, passing off, and false association of origin. The case is pending and we anticipate the trial occurring sometime next year.

There is also pending ligation in Europe in the EUIPO, and a decision in that case is imminent. All of these cases are of public record.

Auratone has been a family business for over 50 years, and we continue to operate as one, the way Jack would have wanted it. We look to carry on his legacy and are committed to protecting that.

Alex
Thank you very much for your explanation! I wish you all the best for that lawsuit and I hope those enterprises using your name to trick us into buying their products will fail soon.
Old 11th May 2019
Gear Guru

Holy crap! Can't wait to see the pre-generated boilerplate "Uli" response to this one.
Old 11th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

That has always stumped me.The Auratones have been such a standard for years that it's bewildering to think no-one ever mentions any other options , or rarely , as far as single driver monitor is concerned.
Old 11th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
That has always stumped me.The Auratones have been such a standard for years that it's bewildering to think no-one ever mentions any other options , or rarely , as far as single driver monitor is concerned.
During the period prior to Avantones and Neo-auratones being available, I took a few stabs at DIY Fullrange, and the main hitch I ran into was that the drivers I found all had too much top end. I eventually got a LP filter circuit from Thomas Barefoot (thanks!) but that's an expensive and complicated fix.
Old 11th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
During the period prior to Avantones and Neo-auratones being available, I took a few stabs at DIY Fullrange, and the main hitch I ran into was that the drivers I found all had too much top end. I eventually got a LP filter circuit from Thomas Barefoot (thanks!) but that's an expensive and complicated fix.
Did you run the filter before the power amp or after the power amp ?

Did you consider 'Tissue Paper' ?
Seriously , tissue paper on my NS10's was a great fix. Just looks a little strange.
Old 11th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
Did you run the filter before the power amp or after the power amp ?
After.

Quote:
Did you consider 'Tissue Paper' ?
No.
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Holy crap! Can't wait to see the pre-generated boilerplate "Uli" response to this one.
nobody will answer, that is a lawsuit thing, has lost nothing on GS.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
nobody will answer, that is a lawsuit thing, has lost nothing on GS.
Yeah until UB sues GS users again.......
Old 15th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJacobsen View Post
Hi all,

The Music Group/Behringer Auratone C5A and C50A are not related to us and our Auratone 5C in anyway. We have not sold nor licensed the brand. We are in a pending lawsuit with Music Group in US District Court regarding this matter.

Alex
Oh my wow! Thanks for clarification. That's a really crazy situation to be in! Next, I'll bet they'll release a computer and call it a Macintosh!
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianN View Post
Oh my wow! Thanks for clarification. That's a really crazy situation to be in! Next, I'll bet they'll release a computer and call it a Macintosh!
Fingers crossed. Apple’s getting too expensive...
Old 15th May 2019
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Maniac
Anyone got an idea how these Auratone C50A sound compared to their more expensive competitors? I want a crappy mono speaker to check mix translation of the mids.
Old 23rd June 2019
Deleted e999d8e
You can order a car radio speaker from Parts Express for less than $10. My sister could probably make a fortune stripping out her old Ford ("Hey, Sis. Call it 'The Russelltone'".)
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Maniac
Haha fair enough, but what I meant to ask... Is it an ok comparison the actually device they cloned it from?
Old 23rd June 2019
Deleted e999d8e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla View Post
Haha fair enough, but what I meant to ask... Is it an ok comparison the actually device they cloned it from?
I understand.
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Guru
There are plenty of good ethical and reputable companies out there. Stop hyping these guys and vote with your wallet!.......
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Maniac

More Behringer rip offs? Hmmm. These are gonna suck just like all other Behringer "monitors." Take the same approach to it as any other Behringer product. Do not fall for the imposter, get out your wallet, and buy a real Auratone Supercube.
Old 3rd July 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Anyone got an idea how these Auratone C50A sound compared to their more expensive competitors? I want a crappy mono speaker to check mix translation of the mids.
Anyone?
Old 11th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Old thread I know but I use the updated Fostex 6301 sealed single driver speakers for that. They have high end but the highs are very directional so if you put them lower/higher or tilt them off your ears a little that tames that. Probably not the same as an auratone, also the Avantones I had one but didn’t like that PSU and didn’t really gel with them. It’s a helpful view of the mix from my Kii Threes.
Old 11th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyone?
Maybe somewhat helpful:

https://www.amazona.de/comparison-re...ehringer-c50a/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search