The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I LOVE the Konnekt 48
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

I LOVE the Konnekt 48

Hi gearslutz, this is my first post and I hope I'm posting this in the right page. I figured I'd make an account here since slowly but surely, my questions regarding audio engineering aren't being answered by Google. Anyway, to get on topic, I have to start an appreciation thread on this old firewire interface, the studio konnekt 48 by TC electronic. This thing is incredible. 4 mic pres, 8 line in, 8 line out, 2 xlr main out, midi i/o, adat, spdif, a remote control, and to top it off, you get some very high quality dsp effects as well as a few vst (the m40 reverb is my favorite verb plugin). Unfortunately, when TC first released this, the software was incredibly buggy. A quick browse through some forums reveals plenty of dissatisfaction with the 48. More than enough to stop people from buying it even after everything got fixed with later firmware updates. Thus, it got discontinued. Fast forward to 2 years ago, I ended up picking one of these off of craigslist for $50 (retail 1099). No joke. It has been working like a champ since the first day I bought it. I highly recommend this interface to anyone needing some serious i/o capabilities. Are there better options today? Yes. A better deal for me? Probably not. My question is, is it just me? Anyone else out there using this today? Anyone think I'm insane?
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Aren't a lot of better options for $50.00. Be aware the pre-amp pots are problematic and the power supplies in them can go. I had my pots done under warranty and the power supply was cheaper to send away and get fixed than buying a new interface. That said, the conversion, dsp effects and i/o is really good and you could do a lot worse. I use an Apollo now with my Konnekt48 connected with Adat for i/o and I also use it for the midi i/o over firewire as well.
Old 17th April 2018
Here for the gear

I don't use the pres on mine now, I just use em as more line ins. Haven't heard of the power supply issue before. I find that it's such a cool, capable interface and would hate for someone to not consider one (for the right price) because of a lot the negative reviews from when the product first came out. I'd imagine that some issues may be a result of not having the right firewire pcie card (texas instruments all the way) as well.
Old 17th April 2018
JAT
Lives for gear
The K 48 is a great piece of kit. When it first came out it was $1700 or so. Great connectivity, OK pres, good conversion and excellent DSP.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I like to resurrect a thread that's worth it.

The apple thunderbolt to fw adapter and tb2 to tb3 adapter worked with a new laptop. That means we can use our interfaces for new computers! This is as awesome as it gets.

Still yet to see an interface as nice as this one. Have compared to a lot others in the market and is still one of the best. Monitor controller. Subwoofer management, DSP, dual headphone amps, remote control, nice conversion... You name it. I have even compared it's preamps with splitters and phase inversion against some other hi end preamps to discover the TC were every bit as good. Does not cease to impress in here. I'm just happy to inform we can keep using it for long!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search