The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Volume controller for JBL LSR305
Old 14th January 2018
Gear Nut

Another quick suggestion after reading the specs on your card:

Locate your graphics card and soundcard as far away from each other as you can, and try unplugging the power cable for the led lights. See if this reduces your noise issue when under full load. The source of your noise is coming from the GPU, no doubt, but the question is where it is being picked up. Is it the power cable, the card itself, or the cable you are using.
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear
Nobody's mentioned multi-client yet?

To the OP, before you rush out and buy a new interface be aware that many of the entry-level interfaces mentioned in this thread are NOT multi-client. This means that you can only use them to play sound from one app at a time. Maybe this is not an issue for you, but if you like to switch between apps like a browser and a music player, you may have issues unless your interface is multi-client.

If you don't see this term mentioned in the product specs, then the device is probably not multi-client.
Old 15th January 2018
Gear Nut

I never knew that about multi client. I've had a ton of interfaces, and I guess I've gotten lucky. Thanks for the tip! Never knew to look for that.
Old 15th January 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregR View Post
Nobody's mentioned multi-client yet?

To the OP, before you rush out and buy a new interface be aware that many of the entry-level interfaces mentioned in this thread are NOT multi-client. This means that you can only use them to play sound from one app at a time. Maybe this is not an issue for you, but if you like to switch between apps like a browser and a music player, you may have issues unless your interface is multi-client.

If you don't see this term mentioned in the product specs, then the device is probably not multi-client.
Interesting, I never knew about this. Could you give a couple examples of entry-level single-client interfaces so I can research this further?
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear
Take a look at this thread. Audio Interfaces with fully multi-client drivers

I can't remember models offhand, but I do recall many people having various issues. To complicate things, some interfaces seem to be semi-multiclient - they can play sound from two apps at a time, but only by using two drivers like ASIO and WDM. So this would allow DAW use and media player at same time, but not two ASIO apps. Anyway, a lot of info in above thread.
📝 Reply