The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best low budget peice of gear in your studio?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs View Post
NONE of any of what you just mentioned I had ever heard of and poof there went my entire afternoon lol - Thanks man!!!!!!!
While you're over at the Midisizer site, be sure to check out the MidiREX, it's kind of an EHX2880 looper but for MIDI data and the latest firmware supports MPE recording (not reflected in the text on the web site yet last I looked, but I've installed it and tested it with MPE and it works).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I love my Art Digital MPA2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Best low budget piece of gear in your studio?

Me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I have this old Realistic Radio Shack Stereo EQ that I bought for $4 off a homeless guy,

Brought it home and DAMN....it had some "Juju"

Turns out it's an inductor EQ......I would use the thing on the stereo buss, but wow.....it gets used A LOT and to good purpose.

Other than that.......Boss BX80 and BX16 mixers....instant "Mojo"......for the budget conscious Gear-******.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakable View Post
ADA8000, quick cheap and easy 8 channel ADAT extra....I use for drums and any high SPL recordings
Yeah, I still have one in the rack......I record to tape these days, but when I dump the tracks for digital "Archiving" I'll admit....I use it,

I just didn't notice enough of a difference when using far more pricey 8x8 ADAT expanders.....so yeah, why not?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
I have this old Realistic Radio Shack Stereo EQ that I bought for $4 off a homeless guy,

Brought it home and DAMN....it had some "Juju"

Turns out it's an inductor EQ......I would use the thing on the stereo buss, but wow.....it gets used A LOT and to good purpose.
That is a weird coincidence, there was also one of those in the pile of free gear and I didn't get a chance to try it until this afternoon. You aren't kidding, that thing sounds nice. I was hoping it would be incutor based because of the size and age but it seemed like too much to hope for. Definitely a keeper, it's amazing they only go for $20-$40 or so on eBay. Guess the Radio Shack logo still has too much stigma.

I'm assuming this is the model you mean, although I guess some of the later 10 and 12 band models had inductors too:

Sounds really good, even just passing a drum loop through it with the EQ set flat and the gain matched sounds great.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Those cheap Class-T amps are good for spot monitoring duties. they're like 10 bucks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for a carpet for my basement studio, when my wife suggested to get these tiles instead, out of fear of mold. Wow, what a difference in sound quality! The foam really mellowed out the space, so I can finally hear the vocals distinctly over the drums! The foam is comfortable to stand on for long periods of time, like a kitchen anti-fatigue mat. And they are waterproof too, in case of another leaky hot water heater fiasco.

I just got them this weekend, so I can't speak to their durability, but I'll follow up on this thread if it sucks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOQuantity View Post
That is a weird coincidence, there was also one of those in the pile of free gear and I didn't get a chance to try it until this afternoon. You aren't kidding, that thing sounds nice. I was hoping it would be incutor based because of the size and age but it seemed like too much to hope for. Definitely a keeper, it's amazing they only go for $20-$40 or so on eBay. Guess the Radio Shack logo still has too much stigma.

I'm assuming this is the model you mean, although I guess some of the later 10 and 12 band models had inductors too:

Sounds really good, even just passing a drum loop through it with the EQ set flat and the gain matched sounds great.
I've known about these for a while and have one that's in great shape. A few years back, there was a guy doing a tube mod on these (he added a tube circuit)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search