The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for a cheap Mixer with direct outs!
Old 3rd November 2017
Here for the gear
Looking for a cheap Mixer with direct outs!

Hi everyone, is there an analogue mixer with direct outs, meaning that i can record every track individually , and not only the sum., below 700 bucks?....
Old 4th November 2017
Gear Maniac
mixwizard would be my pick
Old 4th November 2017
Comparatively cheap would be the Allen and health gl series. Depends on how many channels you need.
Old 4th November 2017
Lives for gear

A&H Zed series is pretty nice.
Old 6th November 2017
Lives for gear

Any Half-Normaled Patchbay inserted between the sources and the Mixer Ins will effectively give you Direct Outs.
Old 7th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixwiz View Post
mixwizard would be my pick
Username checks out.
Old 7th November 2017
The studiomasters with big colourful knobs are lovely for my use (electronic music). I have the small 8into4 and together with a patchbay, it just replaced my tascam m320. Patch my synths, mic and drum machines in, apply channel overdrive/eq, direct out to 8 channel a/d into Logic with realtime processing in low latency mode. Heavenly!
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

soundcraft spirit series. direct outs and sound good. cheep
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

BTW, old Sony broadcast portable consoles, something like MXP61, are stunning.
Great EQ (semiparametric mids, freq on rotary switch), 3 sends + master.
Nice limiter on master channel. Modular design. Sifam VU-meters...

Speaking of broadcasting stuff...
Alice Stancoil 828 is a great small british broadcasting console too.
Great preamps, EQs (semiparametric mids), 2 sends, nice limiter on master buss. Sifam VU-meters...
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
A&H Zed series is pretty nice.
+1 on the A&H ZED 4-bus

Balanced Direct Outs on every channel and I'm sure the 420, maybe 428, can be found for under $700 second-hand.
Old 31st January 2018
Here for the gear

I've been on a similar quest. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a Tascam M320b, but havent had much luck recently. Im basically looking for something that is analog, has decent eq's, direct outs, 4 buss, with 16 decent preamps. Id be using it for tracking to protools, hands on mixing, routing outboard pieces, and tape outs/returns (eventually).
I feel like I've read about every thread I could dig up, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of options that fit what I need.
Any suggestions, or am I looking for something unrealistic?
Thank you!!

Last edited by Lt Jangle; 31st January 2018 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: ***
Old 5th February 2018
Here for the gear

Pls
Old 4 weeks ago
I currently run an old tascam m320. Not the b version. I have outboard phantom power to cover that. This board is amazingly flexible. When the power to a channel is off then the output is automatically sent to the direct out. Turn it on and then it goes on down the line to the stereo bus instead. Because of this I am able to mix with it as well with NO patchbay. Each channel direct out (which is post fader) feeds my converters and the out of the converter hits the line in of each channel. Since I do all my effects itb i use my auxes for headphone mixes. The master section of the board is pretty stout allowing you to listen to many different spots on the board and meter them. If you can find one in good condition they are a HUGE step up from a mackie in every way. If your headphone mix is handled differently you could easily route outboard gear as needed.

Last edited by HeadlessDinosaur; 4 weeks ago at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Posted too soon.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Lots of good suggestions here. I know this is an old thread but it keeps coming up. Do your homework people and be patient. Analog console can be had for pennies on the dollar. I paid $200 for my 24/4/2 Soundcraft 400b in 2007. I bought a second 16/4/2 for $400 and combined to them to make a 32/8/2. Then last week I found a Soundcraft 500 Series for $40. That’s right, a 40/8/2 for $40.00. It’s set up in my garage and I’m going through it module by module. My 400b is completely recapped and better op amps swapped in. I’m in the process of finishing up changing out every resistor to metal film. It sounds very nice and at a very reasonable price. The 500 Series will get the same treatment and then some.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search