The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Those who used FMR RNC, Help me out!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Those who used FMR RNC, Help me out!

Hi, I am bit confused to connect RNC to my interface in a right way with no signal loss.
so here goes the signal chain = Tlm103 > Daking mic pre > RNC > RME UCX

All i am confused about the cable type I should use..Please follow the image I attached. let me know if its okay to connect like that.Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Those who used FMR RNC, Help me out!-rnc.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

You can connect the daking to the RNC using an XLR(female, from the daking's output) to TS(FMR left input) cable - you'll probably need to make yourself an XLR to TS cable for that, I don't see much around, and the cable in the picture wouldn't work because when the input is on a TRS connector the RNC treats it like an insert connector/cable, and sends the output signal on the ring.
This is all outlined in the RNC quick start guide, so have a look at that as well.

The easy way would be to either get two TS to TS cables and and going from the 1/4" daking output to the left RNC input, and then with another TS to TS cable from the RNC left out to whatever input on the UCX (a very brief search led me to a post stating that the combo inputs are a bit different from the others so try these and the other two on the front and one of those in the back and see what sounds better to you).
Or, to get an insert cable one of those with a TRS end and two TS ends, connect the TRS end to the RNC, the tip TS end to the daking 1/4" line out and the ring TS end to an input on the UCX.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search