The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fostex G16 Calibration Tape Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 30th May 2017
Here for the gear

Fostex G16 Calibration Tape

Hi,
Can anyone help me find a Calibration tape for a Fostex G16? Is there a way to setup the device correctly without one?

Thanks
d
Old 1 week ago
You can buy them from MRL.Send them a mail if you don't know precisely which one to get.
Magnetic Reference Laboratory (MRL) manufactures and sells worldwide Calibration Tapes for analog magnetic tape recorders in the Open Reel format.

You're having trouble with the sound? Or using Dolby C or S? Planning on running the tape on another machine? Cause a Fostex G16 is a very difficult machine to calibrate, only a two head 24 track 1" machine is trickier to calibrate than a 1/2" machine. Of course it's always best to keep the machine calibrated but if it sounds good just start recording mate.

But all this reminds me I should get an MRL tape too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What size...speed..EQ..and level ?
Might have a new MRL 15ips IEC 1/2"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Calibrating those two head Fostex machines made me question my chosen path. Check out JRF Magnetics. They are great for MRL tapes and have everything.

Head relapping
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search