The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
List your gear and show us your music! Condenser Microphones
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

--- Guitars
Taylor big baby taylor-e, recorded direct and with a mic
Xaviere XV-835 (chinese telecaster replica) with '52 bridge pickup
--- Guitar amp
Blackheart BH5, attached to a
Harley Benton G212 Vintage, with a V30 and a VOX/Wharfedale AC15 speaker
--- Mics
2x AKG D3700

The mics went into a mackie onyx blackbird that I recently got, this is its test run

Mixing was done ITB in Logic pro 9 on a 2007 macbook with some plugins, most useful/used were the softube summit audio channel strip, the TSAR-1 reverb and the MAAG EQ-4 emulation, listening through a pair of yamy HS8 in an untreated room that pretty much nulls @ about 73Hz.

Comments are very much welcome.
Attached Files

Alcoholic evening good mix.mp3 (12.59 MB, 626 views)

Old 23rd June 2017
Attached Thumbnails
List your gear and show us your music!-img_1537.jpg  
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Head

this is a friend of mine that I recorded a while back.

http://twoskulls.bandcamp.com/track/wolves

guitar and main vocal recorded live using a Studio Projects B1 and an AKG Perception 200. Guitar pickup was also recorded straight in.

Desk was a Soundcraft Compact 10 into a Terratec Phase 22 soundcard. All recorded dry into Reaper. Mixed in Reaper using stock EQ and a few freeware VSTs - Epicverb, Rough Rider and Kjaerhus Classic Compressor.

The synth bass is the Taurus VSTi and the other synth sounds are from a Korg Monotron.
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Guru

Old 26th June 2017
June 25, 2017 New Version

Recorded a new version of an original tune on Sunday. One man band style.
- Roland VDrums w/Slate samples
- Fender Jazz Bass - BAE 1073DMP
- Fender American Strat - Yamaha Soldano Amp - SM57
- Gibson Firebird - Lead Gtr - DBX 576 - Waves Gtr
- Yamaha MOFX Keyboard - Realitone Blue
- Tele Copperhead - Avedis MA5 - DBX 160 - Quantec 2402F
Quick mix - Slate VBC Red - AlexB MFConsole - Waves WLM Plus
Also just got back a couple live mixes back from June 10th done with lots of SM57s pretty much everywhere.
www.soundcloud.com/tkeefe/live-version
www.soundcloud.com/tkeefe/slowww Crazy summer!
Attached Files

Feel Like Your Man Again.mp3 (3.20 MB, 212 views)

Fool Me Again.mp3 (4.32 MB, 169 views)

Fantasy.mp3 (5.49 MB, 81 views)

Last edited by RKeefe1032; 4th July 2017 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Better Copperhead Exampls
Old 26th June 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Nice piece of music and well captured.
Thank you!
Old 27th June 2017
Here for the gear
nice

I'm glad there's a wild mix of genres and gear here
This is my dark electronic dance project, I'm here in the forums because I'm trying to figure out to get great sounds/mixing outside of a DAW.

DMG-01(aka 1989 Game Boy)
Yamaha QY100 sequencer/tone generator
Fuzz War pedal(used on Game Boy)
Allen & Heath ZED-14 mixer

The drums on this one make me cringe haha https://soundcloud.com/cardparty/introv03

This song is where I'm coming from with a single Game Boy
https://soundcloud.com/cardparty/aquabeat

Looking for solid insights/criticisms over compliments
Attached Thumbnails
List your gear and show us your music!-setup.png  
Old 28th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardParty View Post
I'm glad there's a wild mix of genres and gear here
This is my dark electronic dance project, I'm here in the forums because I'm trying to figure out to get great sounds/mixing outside of a DAW.

DMG-01(aka 1989 Game Boy)
Yamaha QY100 sequencer/tone generator
Fuzz War pedal(used on Game Boy)
Allen & Heath ZED-14 mixer

The drums on this one make me cringe haha https://soundcloud.com/cardparty/introv03

This song is where I'm coming from with a single Game Boy
https://soundcloud.com/cardparty/aquabeat

Looking for solid insights/criticisms over compliments
Its cool, im assuming this is a clip of an entire song? I like most of it, but one thing that stood out to me was that rise, early on..like the mario mushroom thing. Its that same tone, but "the swell" is (in my opinion) played-out and I dont like that the tail end of it starts to descend again. Id say come up with another swell sound or go full on mario staccato. In the beginning you have only (main components, at least), two things going, the drum beat and the dying fuzz-sounding-beat. The beginning of the fuzz-beat sequence is great, but the later notes get choked off, i really dig the metallic springy ring of the first note or two, so if possible id not kill the sustain on the last ones.
Old 28th June 2017
Here for the gear
Hey Carabinerx,
Thanks for the response.
I totally get what you're saying about the sustain. It kinda kills the groove as it stops and gives a little silence right before it loops.
I'm trying to figure out which sound is the mario mushroom, maybe you're talking about the song Mado?
Currently I'm generally writing minute- long songs while I'm getting my production skills together.
I'll take at look at your stuff now if I can find anything.
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Nut

Well I am working on my treatment methods recording to test things out trying to get my money together for GIKS. I re did a verse using moving blankets and a memory foam mattress behind me. Using U195>great river 500> duet 2>reason 9.5. No compression no reverb high pass down to 90ish and a desser. Double the track added factuator turned down to like -21 ish. the hook (which starts the clip)was recorded 3 years ago no treatment with an E803. Don't have away to translate what I know about mixing from my brain to the music but at least I still hear growth rofl feel free to critique.
Attached Files
File Type: aif push through test.aif (7.57 MB, 19 views)
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search