The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
raven mti2 OR artist mix and artist control combo Control Surfaces
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

raven mti2 OR artist mix and artist control combo

Hello fellow Gearslutz! 8 year lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to get some insight because I am a little torn right now.

I used to own a behringer xtouch, and I enjoyed using it on logic but I felt underwhelmed in PT. I've been doing some research for some time and I had my heart set on the Raven MTI2 but I have not had a proper chance to demo it. The two times Ive been able to use it was not properly calibrated and touch was not working properly. I've done some research here and have asked around and people that have used it love it or they hate it, there really isn't an inbetween. I was ready to buy this week but I just found the artist control (normally $1400, now on sale for $800 bucks because its being discontinued) at my local store and I can easily purchase an artist mix to go along with it in good used condition for about $600. I mainly use Logic and protools and the difference in price would only be $300 between the raven mti with 2 licenses and the artist control and artist mix.

I know that support for those avid products will stop in 2021, but to me 4-6 years would be a decent run until something better comes along. I'm pretty sure the multitouch game will change in the next few years as well.

My question is would you choose the raven mti2 or the artist mix/ control combo and why?

thanks so much!
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Unless it's been updated the biggest issue with the raven was you could only have one plugin open on the screen at a time. So if you have the ability to connect a second monitor to your machine you would want to do that I think, pretty sure the raven will allow that but check first.

If it hasn't been updated to allow more than one plugin open at a time, simple tasks like gain staging from eq to compressor to channel output can be cumbersome.
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Hm.. I also heard that multitouch only works with Raven products and the faders only work within the Raven mixer. i wonder if anyone can chime in and clarify that
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Maniac

I seem to remember the faders work in pt but it was easier to operate in the raven mixer. It's been a while since I had the chance to be in front of one, so I can't say how many of the planned updates have been completed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search