The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
APS Klasik - anyone use them?
Old 20th May 2017
Sorry for going offtopic, but this all quite interested me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
A friend of mine lost a Les Paul to a scammer who got the serial # and then passed it on to someone else who made a false police report claiming that the guitar was stolen from them.
Have no idea how it could happen. First, the "scammer" need much more serious evidences than just a serial number to start the case, next, why your friend could not prove it is his property? So maybe it was actually stolen? Bought second hand?

Also this is what I found:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv.../td-p/21942984
https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/b...umbers.152478/

Making it short, there is no reason to hide the serial numbers, or, one can just put X instead of one or two last digits.
Old 20th May 2017
Gear Head

I may give these a shot sometime. Can I get a few more thoughts from you Klasik users please.

I'm wondering about the metal tweeters on these. My ears are really sensitive and I have tinnitus that I really don't want to agitate too much more. I messaged a dealer from Canada that says they were softer sounding than other monitors with metal tweeters. What do you guys think? Are they suitable for long hours of production at medium to low volume without ear fatigue or should I look at something different like soft dome tweeters? I know you room will have a big part to do with this, but you all should be able to help me decide here. Thanks.

PS: I've tried the Neumann 120's/metal tweeter and they are too harsh for me in the high frequencies, so I don't want anything like that.
Old 20th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonez View Post
I may give these a shot sometime. Can I get a few more thoughts from you Klasik users please.

I'm wondering about the metal tweeters on these. My ears are really sensitive and I have tinnitus that I really don't want to agitate too much more. I messaged a dealer from Canada that says they were softer sounding than other monitors with metal tweeters. What do you guys think? Are they suitable for long hours of production at medium to low volume without ear fatigue or should I look at something different like soft dome tweeters? I know you room will have a big part to do with this, but you all should be able to help me decide here. Thanks.

PS: I've tried the Neumann 120's/metal tweeter and they are too harsh for me in the high frequencies, so I don't want anything like that.
I mixed for 14 hours once. Only reason I stopped was because uhhh sleep. Haha. I have really sensitive ears. Tinnitus in both ears.
Old 23rd May 2017
Hi all!

I am Matt Sim from Germano Studios! I have been mixing with my pair of Klasik for 2 years now. Mine does have the rattling issue but mostly because considering its size and power, there's not much headroom. it couldn't handle too much sub bass at decent volume. It works well at lower volume with good bass response. It works for me because I can't turn up the speaker too loud at my spot and that's why klasik works for me at lower volume. Also when it starts rattling I know my bass is on point. If you need more headroom, probably need to look for Aeon or 3 way speakers. Btw, I love the klasik a lot and I highly recommended for the prize and size, a lot of friends bought them and they are not looking back. Keep in mind it's a nearfield speaker, there's only so much you can do with it (its smaller and cheaper than Adams A7!!)

While we were designing the Aeon 2, that's one of the issue we take into account for. For modern music production, tight and accurate low end with good headroom is a must. The AEON 2 has proprietory amp design, front port design and custom woofer to provide what we aiming for. We manage to get it to 104db rms before the rattling started. Depends on how much low end the production has it varies.

We are excited to show you all what we have got on AEON 2! It offers a lot in a small size!
Old 2nd June 2017
Seriously thinking about picking up a pair of these! I was looking at some much more expensive speakers to put in my new studio, but these click all my boxes and they are very affordable. Just a quick question....when you guys say they don't like to play too loud, just how loud are we talking? I currently use a pair of Sceptre s6's and they go plenty loud for me. I don't think my room, or my ears could really tolerate anything more pounding than that. Occasionally I'll want to really crank things up and the speaker sounds like its reaching the edge of it's limits, but that's really loud. I also work with a pair of jbl 305's at the school where I teach. They are much lower powered than the Klasiks, and I feel fine about the power that they have as well. I think maybe you guys are talking about filling up a big control room so that everyone can really feel the music. I don't have a need for that....I think the Klasiks are gonna be where it's at.....Does anyone have experience with the Aeons in a smaller space?
Old 2nd June 2017
Also, how do the Klasiks feel for tracking bass? Interestingly enough, I enjoy tracking bass much more with my jbl's over the sceptres. The sceptres seem to go lower but it's like phantom sub stuff. The jbl's are very punchy and feel much more like a bass amp. That is one area where I would really need the Klasiks to work well. I do like to feel the bass when tracking.
Old 2nd June 2017
Lives for gear

I don't know about "feeling" the bass, they don't thump you in the chest per se. I can tell you the first time I mixed on my Klasiks the bass made me smile. It's hard to put esoteric/physical descriptions on sound. If you want LOUD then definitely look at the Aeon 2. For normal mixing, even at "louder" small room volumes they're awesome. And mine don't rattle.
Old 2nd June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
I don't know about "feeling" the bass, they don't thump you in the chest per se. I can tell you the first time I mixed on my Klasiks the bass made me smile. It's hard to put esoteric/physical descriptions on sound. If you want LOUD then definitely look at the Aeon 2. For normal mixing, even at "louder" small room volumes they're awesome. And mine don't rattle.
Awesome....I'm pretty sure that they are going to be perfect for my new set up. Thanks!
Old 3rd June 2017
Gear Nut

The Klasik are awesome I had them for a week and at normal talking volume, they sound better than anything I heard for more than double the price, mine as stated had a rattle issues passed 80db (measured with iPhone/Android app).
Now the klasik are back to APS for repair and troubleshooting, so far the team @ APS has given me top support and took all the steps to rectify my problem, so kudos to them for making top monitors and have the best customer support that I have experienced so far.
Now in this forum lots of Klasik users have never encountered problems pushing their monitors loud, I am not a monitor engineer so take what i say as it is, but I believe monitors have to work without distortion pushed at least till 80% of their maximum output.
Now I don't track anything as I produce underground dance music but I need to know how things behave at least under 40hz, and the klasik give me plenty informations down there.
Also amazing monitors to mix their 3d separation is spot on.
The Aeon in my case, 24 sqm room, are an overkill also they are more of a midfield monitor, are big and heavy but can get much louder and go down to 30hz but my problem was if I have to use at 10; 15% of their output it wont be right;
I think a monitor that works at 40/50% at any time works overall better.

So Yes Klasik are plenty good for your intended purpose and I think you'll love them.
In Europe around 1000€ they destroy the same price range opponents by a good margin.
I think APS makes the new standard in near field monitoring for the 1000€ mark.
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by substance View Post
The Klasik are awesome I had them for a week and at normal talking volume, they sound better than anything I heard for more than double the price, mine as stated had a rattle issues passed 80db (measured with iPhone/Android app).
Now the klasik are back to APS for repair and troubleshooting, so far the team @
how loud can you go now before rattling? I'm interested but 80db won't work for me...at least occasionally I need to hit 85 or so
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
how loud can you go now before rattling? I'm interested but 80db won't work for me...at least occasionally I need to hit 85 or so
Depends on your room size, but they distort too early in my experience. But for little bit more I'd go (as I did in the end) for the eve's sc208 if you need the lows or even the sc207. For the money best monitors around also I'd consider the fluid audio fx8 but never herd them, very cheap, worth a try IMO, the reviews are good... But the eve are very linear at any given spl, and they are a joy to listen to still extremely accurate. I am even thinking to upgrade to the sc307 in the future...
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Depends on your room size, but they distort too early in my experience. But for little bit more I'd go (as I did in the end) for the eve's sc208 if you need the lows or even the sc207. For the money best monitors around also I'd consider the fluid audio fx8 but never herd them, very cheap, worth a try IMO, the reviews are good... But the eve are very linear at any given spl, and they are a joy to listen to still extremely accurate. I am even thinking to upgrade to the sc307 in the future...
Interesting, thanks. Funny for a 3 way on paper th sc307 only go down to 50hz but nice price tag for sure. have you tried a77xs? they seem a great value especially used. Am demoing klasiks next week with perhaps a77x though may be too big for my room
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Interesting, thanks. Funny for a 3 way on paper th sc307 only go down to 50hz but nice price tag for sure. have you tried a77xs? they seem a great value especially used. Am demoing klasiks next week with perhaps a77x though may be too big for my room
The sc307 go down to 40hz the sc305 are the ones that go down to 50hz.
I don't like the tweeters on the cheap Adams, the eve design it sounds better more controlled, also the eves have a smooth behaviour kind of nice to listen to but extremely accurate at the same time. I didn't consider them before testing.
Once had them in my studio I was blown away, I own the sc208 (36hz to 21khz) and compared to klasik have so much more muscle and linearity, also thanks to their dsp no distortion very addictive sound ideal for many hours spent producing. For the money they are superb.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The sc307 go down to 40hz the sc305 are the ones that go down to 50hz.
I don't like the tweeters on the cheap Adams, the eve design it sounds better more controlled, also the eves have a smooth behaviour kind of nice to listen to but extremely accurate at the same time. I didn't consider them before testing.
Once had them in my studio I was blown away, I own the sc208 (36hz to 21khz) and compared to klasik have so much more muscle and linearity, also thanks to their dsp no distortion very addictive sound ideal for many hours spent producing. For the money they are superb.
thanks for that, I was mixed up. I'm intrigued...so sc208 translate very well for you across systems, are you able to check mixes less? and what genres? I'll have to find a pair to demo in London.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I found it also depends what’s driving them. I found my Klasiks to be quiet compared to my old A7s driven by my Konnekt 48 mains out. Now my Apollo shakes drywall with them so quite a difference. Same cables and controller.
Old 5th January 2018
I can chime in on the Eve's as well. I was about to pull the trigger on the Klasiks, but I had a chance to test some Eve's out and I was immediately sold. I ended up with the 307's. You will not be at a loss for bass on these, however, the bass doesn't overpower the frequency spectrum at all. These are incredibly balanced speakers, and my work translates great! I also compared the Eve's to the Adam's and I have to agree with the previous poster, that the Adam's just sound wrong compared to the Eve's. Give them a shot. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
thanks for that, I was mixed up. I'm intrigued...so sc208 translate very well for you across systems, are you able to check mixes less? and what genres? I'll have to find a pair to demo in London.
I produce psytrance so lots of details and peaky production requirements, the main difference I felt from the eve sc208 is how effortless they perform, also their bass behaviour is very civilised and one more thing is that compared to what I've used before extensively Dynaudio BM6a MK1, Focal CMS65, adam a7x, Klasik, Yamaha the eves have that sort of bass that you can feel not only hear... if it makes sense... and they don't distort, also their tweeter is so smooth very silky full of details and very precise. But the main plus for me is the linearity from low volumes to high spl the sound doesn't change. The klasik are very good top sounding monitors, unfortunately they distort very easy specially on kicks also the sc208 for few pounds more has an 8" cone and better amps, the main controls in the front of the speaker and their rear bass port doesn't fart!!!
There are plenty of top monitors out there but haven't found nothing that sounds as good at that price. In europe you can get a refund within two weeks from purchasing whatever your reason is. Give them a try, I believe digital village in London sells them
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I produce psytrance so lots of details and peaky production requirements, the main difference I felt from the eve sc208 is how effortless they perform, also their bass behaviour is very civilised and one more thing is that compared to what I've used before extensively Dynaudio BM6a MK1, Focal CMS65, adam a7x, Klasik, Yamaha the eves have that sort of bass that you can feel not only hear... if it makes sense... and they don't distort, also their tweeter is so smooth very silky full of details and very precise. But the main plus for me is the linearity from low volumes to high spl the sound doesn't change. The klasik are very good top sounding monitors, unfortunately they distort very easy specially on kicks also the sc208 for few pounds more has an 8" cone and better amps, the main controls in the front of the speaker and their rear bass port doesn't fart!!!
There are plenty of top monitors out there but haven't found nothing that sounds as good at that price. In europe you can get a refund within two weeks from purchasing whatever your reason is. Give them a try, I believe digital village in London sells them
Cool...unless they have a lot of room, it's £300 difference which doesn't quite put them in the same category but rather with aeon mk1s. I'm not really in the market for new speakers, I've got hs5s and an hs8s sub which work very well, I'd just like to ditch the sub and have something a bit more "fun" for producing that still works for mixing and mastering. Did you get a stellar deal?

What intrigued me about the aps is that they are super cheap for what people claim they do. If I were looking to go to £1200+ I'd want to a/b sc208 with aeon mk1. I could be into klasiks for like £300 after selling my setup or even keep the hs5s and sell the sub and be in £500 which would be cool for a non-essential, slutty move.

I would totally be down to demo the sc208s risk free like the klasiks but I'm not going to pay first and eat shipping/hassle with that whole deal just to hear them. I've had a lot of trouble already with big stores here on orders/returns. I definitely look forward to hearing them at some point, thanks for your input!
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Cool...unless they have a lot of room, it's £300 difference which doesn't quite put them in the same category but rather with aeon mk1s. I'm not really in the market for new speakers, I've got hs5s and an hs8s sub which work very well, I'd just like to ditch the sub and have something a bit more "fun" for producing that still works for mixing and mastering. Did you get a stellar deal?

What intrigued me about the aps is that they are super cheap for what people claim they do. If I were looking to go to £1200+ I'd want to a/b sc208 with aeon mk1. I could be into klasiks for like £300 after selling my setup or even keep the hs5s and sell the sub and be in £500 which would be cool for a non-essential, slutty move.

I would totally be down to demo the sc208s risk free like the klasiks but I'm not going to pay first and eat shipping/hassle with that whole deal just to hear them. I've had a lot of trouble already with big stores here on orders/returns. I definitely look forward to hearing them at some point, thanks for your input!
I was considering the Aeon too but they are super heavy you'll need good stands for them and the sc208 has dsp, but i am sure that aps sound stellar too.
I got mine for 1250 euros here in Italy. If you could afford it I would suggest to sell whatever you don't need and get the sc307; 3 ways and better stereo separation again for the price they are superb...but the sc208 are top 2ways even the sc207 are very appealing IMO. Up to you mate let us know what you'll choose and the outcome of your tests/trials.
Have a nice one
Cheers
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was considering the Aeon too but they are super heavy you'll need good stands for them and the sc208 has dsp, but i am sure that aps sound stellar too.
I got mine for 1250 euros here in Italy. If you could afford it I would suggest to sell whatever you don't need and get the sc307; 3 ways and better stereo separation again for the price they are superb...but the sc208 are top 2ways even the sc207 are very appealing IMO. Up to you mate let us know what you'll choose and the outcome of your tests/trials.
Have a nice one
Cheers
Interesting, yes the sc207 would be the comparable bracket...to a/b those with the klasiks would be logical. what's your triangle with the sc307? Mine may be too small altogether for 3 ways as I'm setup for only about 3' with a narrow room and I'm guessing they need 6' like a77xs though I've seen guys sit closer.

cheers
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Interesting, yes the sc207 would be the comparable bracket...to a/b those with the klasiks would be logical. what's your triangle with the sc307? Mine may be too small altogether for 3 ways as I'm setup for only about 3' with a narrow room and I'm guessing they need 6' like a77xs though I've seen guys sit closer.

cheers
I own the SC208 my triangle is around 1.7mt I have a good sized room.
The SC207 should have a quite fast transient response for a small room I think 7" has a better behaviour than 8" unless you have it really well treated.
I have a diy treated room nothing mind blowing but my listening spot is very good around the room not as great, needs more traps and diffusors but not critical.
Try the Eve out I am not kidding they are amazing in their price range much better than focal, adam, dynaudio etc.
The only big issue is that their sound is very addictive, so you'll spend hours on hours listening to them.
Old 5th February 2018
I have the Klasiks and dont have the distortion issue you mention with yours...maybe a faulty pair? You can definitely feel the bass as well as hear it just superbly on the Klasiks...to be fair though i have not heard the eve's at all so i can't give my comparison. I Did own Focal's and dynaudio and also yamaha's in the past and can tell you the Klasiks sound like they are of higher quality, but lack the power delivery of the aformentioned.

Just my opinion.

Can anyone who has used a sub 10 woofer with the klaskis chime in? Does accuracy get sacrificed for volume or does it sound close to/as good as a pair of aeons? or even sealed three way systems for that mater?

Quote:
Old 5th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsixtysix View Post
I have the Klasiks and dont have the distortion issue you mention with yours...maybe a faulty pair? You can definitely feel the bass as well as hear it just superbly on the Klasiks...to be fair though i have not heard the eve's at all so i can't give my comparison. I Did own Focal's and dynaudio and also yamaha's in the past and can tell you the Klasiks sound like they are of higher quality, but lack the power delivery of the aformentioned.

Just my opinion.

Can anyone who has used a sub 10 woofer with the klaskis chime in? Does accuracy get sacrificed for volume or does it sound close to/as good as a pair of aeons? or even sealed three way systems for that mater?
Good to hear yours are holding it well, mine replaced twice by APS distorted quite early to my standards, I have a good sized room so I need some air to be pushed around from time to time. I love the klasik sound very honest with a brilliant signature, the stereo field was impressive for the price.
I was tempted to get the Aeon but then I got offered the eve's at a very sweet price and I did some testing in my space, and I was sold amazing monitors specially for dance music. I got the sc208 but I'd love to try the 308 i am sure they sound super wide and sweet. For what you pay you get lot's of monitor with eve
Old 6th February 2018
I got a pair last week. The Klasiks have no discernable distortion in my setup and can go plenty loud. They are indeed amazing monitors. I can hear everything going on in the mix with these.
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I own the SC208 my triangle is around 1.7mt I have a good sized room.
The SC207 should have a quite fast transient response for a small room I think 7" has a better behaviour than 8" unless you have it really well treated.
Try the Eve out I am not kidding they are amazing in their price range much better than focal, adam, dynaudio etc.
The only big issue is that their sound is very addictive, so you'll spend hours on hours listening to them.
I reported in a different thread, but to chime in here...I never got to demo the klasiks but these eve sc207s have changed my life. Both in work and listening to music for fun...I've had many sets going up in price to focal twins–never has mixing been so easy, or fun. Producing is more fun than ever as well. I echo everything positive said here about the eves–I got a new pair (open box) for £720 haven't been this happy about a purchase in a long time, and I buy often lol

I'm shocked at how loud they go–way beyond 90dB, and at the same time, least-fatiguing speakers I've owned. I have to force myself to stop I have Mid and HMF sensitivity due to playing in rock bands for years but I can blast these and love it. I'm currently doing tech house/indie pop/indie rock/electro/and indie/alt stuff

I'm sure klasiks are excellent and I'm very interested in Aeon 2s for the future but this deal couldn't be missed

Forgot to add–I have owned or used extensively: focal twins, tannoy dmt12, jbl lsr6824, yamaha hs8, hs5+hs8s, krk vxt8, mackie hsr824, sceptre 8+sub, dynaudio bm6 and 15

Last edited by jimmydeluxe; 6th February 2018 at 10:09 PM..
Old 13th February 2018
Well, as i am moving house in a couple of months, i was looking for a larger/louder monitoring pair and even looked into getting a sub10 to pair with my klasiks... Well I managed to get a great trade in deal for my Klasiks and i picked up a pair of Aeon 2's...let me just say this...These speakers are phenomenal! blew me away with how precise and tight the low end is, the stereo field width and depth is really three dimensional sounding! You definitely can pinpoint exact sound sources.

I originally owned a pair of Yamaha hs8 then upgraded to Dynaudio Bm6a and then focal Sm9 and then downsized to a pair of kh120a. Back then the SM9 were the most amazing pair of speakers i had ever heard (except for the barefoot mm27's)...these proved me that even 2 way 7' drivers can outperform a high end 3 way system...They have everything i could ever want in a speaker, with their low distortion which sound very accurate even at high spl. The sound remains smooth, and doesn't break up in any way, delivering a lot more power than every two way system i have heard.

I really don't feel that i need a sub with these, and i produce pretty bass heavy electronic music as well( psy, trance,industrial). This speakers transients seem very fast, and the bass comes across very tight and precise with no port chuffing noise or flabby exaggerated bass here...The stereo image also extends out furher than the klasiks ever did, while the phantom center image sounds like it has more weight and depth, making it sound more true or life-like if you will. This definitely makes the Aeon 2's sound 3 dimensional and less compressed than the smaller klasiks, it's like the image opens open a lot more so you can focus on the details a lot better, and there are a lot more here, even more so than my SM9's could reveal...

I encourage anyone looking for a pair to demo these, truly amazing sounding monitors!

Last edited by Lsixtysix; 13th February 2018 at 01:47 PM..
Old 19th February 2018
I absolutely love my Klasiks and gotten some of the best mixes of my career with these. Highly recommended. No issues.
Old 4th April 2018
If anyone is interested I am selling my pair of APS Klasik to upgrade to the APS Aeon. PM me for pictures and details. Willing to give a really great deal. These are in excellent condition.
Old 5th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacnadon View Post
i returned my adam speakers so now i am interested in this ones they look and i believe sound more high end then adam ax eve sc presonus r series!I understood they are detailed do you hear clicks noises and attacks on electronic kick drums?I didnt hear those sounds on the adams at all i dont want to use always my dt 880 as this make the speakers really useless and jesus do they have this port noise Adam are crazy to sale at this price this speakers.Aps on other hand its for now my favourite and i guess i wil get them without listening to them i dont think there is anything as high end in the price range.

What u guys who own it thinks about The Klasik versus the other ?
Had the Klasik for a while, fantastic sound but mine distorted quite quickly specially when designing kick drums, (I produce dance music) so ended up sending them back, and got Eve sc208. What an amazing monitor, if you are searching for a cheap extremely capable and LINEAR monitor get an Eve sc207 or sc208. They outperform anything I've used in the same price range, they sound accurate but not dry, so you can work on them all the day long without fatigue. I've used Dynaudio, Adam, Focal, Genelecs, Aps, Yamaha but the Eve are better more balanced and engaging without colouring or misleading your judgement. At their price range I can see it very difficult to outperform them, the only monitors I'd go for (more expensive, and with less freq/range) are the neumann amazing mixing tools, but the eves offer more for less money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search