The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
APS Klasik - anyone use them?
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear
i returned my adam speakers so now i am interested in this ones they look and i believe sound more high end then adam ax eve sc presonus r series!I understood they are detailed do you hear clicks noises and attacks on electronic kick drums?I didnt hear those sounds on the adams at all i dont want to use always my dt 880 as this make the speakers really useless and jesus do they have this port noise Adam are crazy to sale at this price this speakers.Aps on other hand its for now my favourite and i guess i wil get them without listening to them i dont think there is anything as high end in the price range.

What u guys who own it thinks about The Klasik versus the other ?
Old 25th April 2017
Lives for gear

I have no port noise on my Klasik's but be aware they are not as loud as the Adams (or my old A7's anyways...).
Old 13th May 2017
Klasiks - no hype at all in the sound. Very smooth, very balanced and no port noise unless you stick your ears right on the port. :-) I absolutely love these. Something really special. Try em.
Old 16th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Today i notice something with my Klasiks. When i play a fat analog bass pad with frequency up to 160hz not even very loud but at good volume then both of my monitors are making a light rattling sound. Something is vibrating but don't know what it is exactly. Do anyone have the same issue ?

ps: i tried with other type of tracks and at a certain volume the same rattling/vibration occurs again. Since now it's a bit late at night to make extensive tests because of neighbors, i'll make some more tomorrow to localize where the rattle come from.

Last edited by rds; 16th May 2017 at 10:23 PM..
Old 17th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds View Post
Today i notice something with my Klasiks. When i play a fat analog bass pad with frequency up to 160hz not even very loud but at good volume then both of my monitors are making a light rattling sound. Something is vibrating but don't know what it is exactly. Do anyone have the same issue ?

ps: i tried with other type of tracks and at a certain volume the same rattling/vibration occurs again. Since now it's a bit late at night to make extensive tests because of neighbors, i'll make some more tomorrow to localize where the rattle come from.
Have you picked up the Klasiks recently by the bass port? The port itself is actually just a snug fit in, to allow it to be removed for access to the electronics. If you have moved the monitors by the bass port it is possible for it to come slightly loose. Just ensure that it is sitting snug against the back-plate of the amp.
Old 17th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celinara View Post
Have you picked up the Klasiks recently by the bass port? The port itself is actually just a snug fit in, to allow it to be removed for access to the electronics. If you have moved the monitors by the bass port it is possible for it to come slightly loose. Just ensure that it is sitting snug against the back-plate of the amp.
Hello Celinara,

I was aware before i get them that i shouldn't handle them by the bass port, so i didn't. Obviously the problem is elsewhere. I send a message to APS as well and waiting for some clarifications.
Old 17th May 2017
Sounds good!

All the best,
Old 17th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

I just made some test and it seems that the problem comes from the woofer itself, both of my monitors rattle but the left one is more sensitive than the other.. :(
Old 18th May 2017
Gear Nut

Just got the Klasik last friday and I am experiencing the very same problem, specially when I play a low kick it rattles and also on dance music tracks start distorting quite soon, measuring the volumes it starts to distort around 80db.
The back port makes a bit of noise...and the woofers distort quite early, I mean I had Focal cms 65 and dynaudio bm6a mk1 in the same room and position and never had this problems.
I tend to work at normal conversation volumes, 70db and at that volumes all it's fine.
When I push it a bit specially on dance music (Deadmau5, Infected Mushroom, Noisia, Prodigy) in particular on kicks, it distorts.

Contacted APS and waiting for news, will keep you posted with updates on this matter.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by substance View Post
Just got the Klasik last friday and I am experiencing the very same problem, specially when I play a low kick it rattles and also on dance music tracks start distorting quite soon, measuring the volumes it starts to distort around 80db.
The back port makes a bit of noise...and the woofers distort quite early, I mean I had Focal cms 65 and dynaudio bm6a mk1 in the same room and position and never had this problems.
I tend to work at normal conversation volumes, 70db and at that volumes all it's fine.
When I push it a bit specially on dance music (Deadmau5, Infected Mushroom, Noisia, Prodigy) in particular on kicks, it distorts.

Contacted APS and waiting for news, will keep you posted with updates on this matter.
That's disappointing, seems like an overall problem rather than a quality control issue. Why release to the public with issues, I don't get it.

Looks like I won't be buying an APS after all. I think I'll look at some Quested instead.

ps: love me some Noisia
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonez View Post
That's disappointing, seems like an overall problem rather than a quality control issue. Why release to the public with issues, I don't get it.

Looks like I won't be buying an APS after all. I think I'll look at some Quested instead.

ps: love me some Noisia
I'm also about to buy the speakers. Would like to get more info about the issue still. So it just happens with a certain bass sounds, at a certain volume (as it was mentioned)? Is it still something one can live with? Especially considering I'm interested in listening at a low levels. Any more users experiencing this?
Old 19th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM View Post
I'm also about to buy the speakers. Would like to get more info about the issue still. So it just happens with a certain bass sounds, at a certain volume (as it was mentioned)? Is it still something one can live with? Especially considering I'm interested in listening at a low levels. Any more users experiencing this?
In my case it happend while playing a bass pad that goes from bottom low end and up to around 160hz and at a certain volume level ( not extremly loud ). So i didn't try with specific frequencies to know which one make the woofer rattle nor the exact volume in dB.

Personally i couldn't live with it since when i'm eq'ing or try to listen carefully to spot some details in my tracks it's very distracting and annoying to get a rattling noise on top of you sound.

I would like to know too if some other klasiks user experienced this issue as well.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
In my case it happend while playing a bass pad that goes from bottom low end and up to around 160hz and at a certain volume level ( not extremly loud ). So i didn't try with specific frequencies to know which one make the woofer rattle nor the exact volume in dB.

Personally i couldn't live with it since when i'm eq'ing or try to listen carefully to spot some details in my tracks it's very distracting and annoying to get a rattling noise on top of you sound.

I would like to know too if some other klasiks user experienced this issue as well.
I had them like a week and let them play all week at talking volumes, the other day i did start a new track (I produce bass heavy dance music) and when making a kick it started distorting I've meter the perceived volume with and app for my devices (Android phone and iPad) and around 75 80db the woofers on both monitors rattle and distort.
As rds mentioned it's not acceptable studio monitors shouldn't distort.
We are not talking about clipping volumes, just a bit loud, 65/70db is a normal conversation volume...
I believe as not many Klasik user are experiencing this issue, this is maybe a faulty batch of woofers or something in those lines...

to be continued...
Old 19th May 2017
You guys are just exceptions of one off quality control issues. Me and good friend have had ours for months and months now and we blast dnb and whatever else through them fine. No port issues. Get in contact with aps and get a replacement pair. I'm telling you, its worth it. These are the most accurate speakers I've ever used up to the 3000$ price point
Old 19th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom3crazy View Post
You guys are just exceptions of one off quality control issues. Me and good friend have had ours for months and months now and we blast dnb and whatever else through them fine. No port issues. Get in contact with aps and get a replacement pair. I'm telling you, its worth it. These are the most accurate speakers I've ever used up to the 3000$ price point
Note that it isn't a port issue. It's the woofer itself. Until now while playing music through the monitors i never notice it because mid and high range frequencies could mask the rattle noise. But once you play a very low frequency single track in a daw for exemple and at a certain amount of volume then it's easier to spot if the problem occur or not.

Except this i agree with you, those monitors are excellent and nice to work with.
Old 19th May 2017
I'm still willing to buy a pair in about a month or two. Could you please share the serial numbers of your monitors just in case to identify the batch?
Old 19th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM View Post
I'm still willing to buy a pair in about a month or two. Could you please share the serial numbers of your monitors just in case to identify the batch?
There is no reason why you shouldn't get them. Those monitors still pack some good quality and performance for their price and APS services is always on point.

As substance said it's just perhaps a faulty batch of woofers that slipped through the hands of the quality control department.

<Deleted by Moderator>

Last edited by Synth Guru; 20th May 2017 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Mbr Request
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Nice to know, I like their sound very much so I'd like to have them fixed or replaced I am not really looking for jumping boat.
I am sure the issue is just a faulty batch, as so many klasik user just prising them. Looking for to enjoy mine soon.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Nut

I've had mine about 3 months, and not had any issues.
I'm still excited to have these speakers after my time with them.
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
There is no reason why you shouldn't get them. Those monitors still pack some good quality and performance for their price and APS services is always on point.

As substance said it's just perhaps a faulty batch of woofers that slipped through the hands of the quality control department.

<Deleted by Moderator>
Thats got to be what it is because I get what you're saying about single low frequency sounds in your daw but I produce hip hop and have toy'd around with dnb so I am certainly taking full advantage of the speakers capabilities and I have yet to run into this problem. I am guessing it's a faulty woofer.

Last edited by Synth Guru; 20th May 2017 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Mbr. Request
Old 19th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thats got to be what it is because I get what you're saying about single low frequency sounds in your daw but I produce hip hop and have toy'd around with dnb so I am certainly taking full advantage of the speakers capabilities and I have yet to run into this problem. I am guessing it's a faulty woofer.
Yes probably. What serie are your monitors ?
Old 19th May 2017
@ substance

Could you please be so kind to share your monitors serial number?
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
Yes probably. What serie are your monitors ?
What series? I have the APS Klasik. Is that what you mean?
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
What series? I have the APS Klasik. Is that what you mean?
The exact serial number of your monitors, it could help to identify the faulty batch. Tell us please.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Yes it's a woofer problem, not a port issue. Same problem here !
Old 19th May 2017
Guys, please share the serial numbers, it could help other people. Please share both working and faulty ones.
Old 19th May 2017
Deleted User
AKM: "Guys, please share the serial numbers, it could help other people. Please share both working and faulty ones."
Please do not take offense at this, but asking people to disclose the serial numbers of gear that they OWN online is inappropriate and may be considered "suspect".
There are many people in this world who can make use of that information, including scammers and bootleggers, especially in this day and age.
Old 19th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
AKM: "Guys, please share the serial numbers, it could help other people. Please share both working and faulty ones."
Please do not take offense at this, but asking people to disclose the serial numbers of gear that they OWN online is inappropriate and may be considered "suspect".
There are many people in this world who can make use of that information, including scammers and bootleggers, especially in this day and age.
I can't see any way how it can harm actual owners except if the items was actually stolen. It would be cool if one could illegally "activate" the speakers for themselves using the serial numbers, like with the software.
Old 19th May 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
Don't worry, for that matter Facebook is there.
Old 20th May 2017
Deleted User
I am in the US. Every time I post an ad in Craigslist or flea-Bay for gear - guitars, amps, mics, etc. - I invariably get hounded by folks in other parts of the world (South America, Africa, even Russia) who ask for the product's serial#.
Law enforcement here warns not to disclose that information to strangers. People steal with that info, they bootleg microphones and guitars with that info. A friend of mine lost a Les Paul to a scammer who got the serial # and then passed it on to someone else who made a false police report claiming that the guitar was stolen from them.
If you want that kind of information, it's better to use the PM system here so that the serial numbers are not broadcast all over the internet. That is all...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search