The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quality of D.I. on Audient iD22?
Old 7th February 2017
Here for the gear

Quality of D.I. on Audient iD22?

Hey Everyone!

I'm trying to improve the quality of my recorded bass tones. I'm tracking a vintage style P Bass (passive pickup) through the instrument input (D.I.) of my Audient iD22. I think it sounds ok, but maybe a bit lackluster. I've never used an active direct box like a Radial or the RNDI. Does anyone have experience with both the Audient interfaces as well as a nice direct box? Can you tell me if you think if and or what are the differences in tones from the two?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Bump as I’m wondering this myself.
Old 8th December 2017
I've used both a Countryman Type 85 as well as the Radial J48 with my Audient ID22. I've never even used the DI on the Audient ID22 so I can't be of much help comparing tone. I will say that I get great tone using either the Countryman or the Radial.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

The JFET DI on the iD14 iD22 + is solid and fantastic on guitar and bass.

If someone is bored with the sound then they should look at DI's or preamps that do tricks for much more money, ala Sansamp REDDI, etc.
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

I don’t know about the DI on the ID22 but the DI on my Mico is excellent!
Old 10th December 2017
For years, I have owned and used the following with guitar and bass - and also tested them with identical signals to make a fair comparison.
  1. Little Labs Redeye 3D Phantom
  2. Audient iD22 DI
  3. Radial JDI Passive Direct Box

The units are listed in the order I prefer them, with the Little Labs clearly ahead. The DI on your Audient is very good.
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Addict

I've not used many DI, but I really like the one on my iD14 (and assume it's the same on the big bro), especially for the price.
Old 4 weeks ago
I am selling my RNDI cause my +48V from Audient's ID22 did not manage to feed it! :(
But i really love di from Audient so i am ok with that
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search