The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Revive audio mod
Old 17th January 2017
Revive audio mod

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some samples. I could hear a diff. not night and day, but there was a difference. ive read and heard the reviews of the warm audio gear even had the wa-12 for a while and I'm sure they make great gear. I don't doubt that. just wondering if anyone who has had the mod felt it was worth the difference.
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear

Im curious about the Avid HD I/O mod they do. Sounds an awful lot like BLA mod, except its more than half the price of it.
Old 20th January 2017
Yea the price of the mods alone is enough to warrent curiosity. Plus ive heard ppl say the wa-2a is good and all but i just have doubts on some things. The price difference alone has me like. I mean dont get me wrong, UA may over price the la-2a and lets say u cut it down to 2k brand new, still there has to be a corner or two cut and i know ppl say its a marginal difference but id like to squeeze the difference out. Do i wanna pay 3k for it, NO! But if i pay 1200 to be close enough that ya cant tell on a mix then yes ill pay it.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Don't know. I can only say that I have 3 pieces of Revive Audio molded gear and they do nice work.
Love them all.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Don't know. I can only say that I have 3 pieces of Revive Audio molded gear and they do nice work.
Love them all.
What pieces do you have?
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
What pieces do you have?
DBX 164
Symetrix 525
Drawmer DL 241
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks man. Im seriously tempted to get a HD I/O and have them mod it.
Old 22nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

I was going to have them modify my 96 I/o I just haven't gotten around to it yet with christmas. The before and after clips on their site sound great!

I have been a long time fan of their work and the current stuff I have from them are a dbx 163x, a couple modded tube mics, and an altec 1678c 8 channel pre (mind blowing how good this is for the cost. Eats things like an rnp, gap, wa12 for breakfast they aren't even close to the same league). I wouldn't hesitate to have anything worked on by them or purchase one of their offerings; they are quick to communicate, knowledgeable, and friendly. One of their modded ga la3a's is on my list too
Old 24th January 2017
any one have them mod Warm audio gear?
Old 12th April 2017
Gear Head

Warm Audio WA76 and dbx 560A Mods by Revive Audiio

Hey,
I just saw your post. I had 3 dbx 560A, 500 Series compressors and two Warm Audio WA76's modded by Revive Audio and they are now UNBELIEVABLE PROFESSIONAL PIECES! I gained more headroom, more clean gain, and even more clean compression that's smooth as silk! I'm getting ready to ship both of my WA2A's tomorrow. If you want to talk, email me your number and I will discuss it let you know more about my experience: [email protected]
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks for sharing guitar012001, and in the other threads. I just got my 4 DBX 160XTs back from Revive. I paid extra to have them put Jensen transformers in them too. I have my two WA EQP-WAs back as well and am waiting on the return on my two WA76s. I still haven't put my studio back together for tracking, but when I do I'll be looking forward to hearing the modded gear. The guys at Revive were very easy to work with. Very professional and on time. So far my experience with them has been good.

Last edited by Drumhead57; 12th April 2017 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
DBX 164
Symetrix 525
Drawmer DL 241
I got the Revive DL241 too!

-Yes, they are a bargain for mods compared to anyone else I know of. Great communication. It`s like , I know I was buying an already used DL241, then modded, I think I paid like around $270 for it. They are at least $800 new. But it was gone over real good, all the knobs were tight and clean. It had a little rack rash, but who cares for that price and that much improvement. But yeah, totally legit.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
I got the Revive DL241 too!
I love that thing. Does yours have the VCA upgrade. I got them to add it to mine for $75.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love that thing. Does yours have the VCA upgrade. I got them to add it to mine for $75.
Yup! THAT 2180. Same thing they put in an API 2500 or LA 2A. Not comparing them to it. Just a nice, smooth upgrade.
Old 4th January 2018
Here for the gear

I have a pair of the WARM Audio EQP's. Has anyone had REVIVE do a mod on theirs?
It's gonna cost me $700 and so I need to hear [no pun intended] from someone who had theirs modded by Revive and is the difference subtle or significant.
Thanks!
Old 4th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Prather View Post
I have a pair of the WARM Audio EQP's. Has anyone had REVIVE do a mod on theirs?
It's gonna cost me $700 and so I need to hear [no pun intended] from someone who had theirs modded by Revive and is the difference subtle or significant.
Thanks!
I had two of the Warm EQPs before I sold them. I now have the KT Pultec clones and am very happy. Better sounding and better built as well. They are currently going for $300! Save your money and apply it to a couple of the Klark Teknik clones.
Old 5th January 2018
Here for the gear

Model number?

Thanks for that input Rob. What is that KT model number?
Old 5th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Prather View Post
Thanks for that input Rob. What is that KT model number?
Klark Teknik EQP-KT
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
I had two of the Warm EQPs before I sold them. I now have the KT Pultec clones and am very happy. Better sounding and better built as well. They are currently going for $300! Save your money and apply it to a couple of the Klark Teknik clones.
Looks like revive mods those...I wonder how that sounds
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear
I almost ended up with a Revive mod LA2A but went for the soundscape unit instead for just $200 more.
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

I just bought the soundscape LA2A as well as Revive Audio's own "Vintage Audio" 1176.

No experience with Revive modded gear, but this 1176 is really something! They do a mod on the very cool Ashly SC-66A EQ, which I have... that will be the mod I try with Revive.
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Revive Audio rock.
Couldn't be happier with my 3 modified pieces from them.
Ill be going back for more soon.
Old 9th January 2018
Lives for gear

Just bought an Orban 642b blue face from them, fully modded. Sounds terrific - extremely clean.
Old 10th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
I almost ended up with a Revive mod LA2A but went for the soundscape unit instead for just $200 more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertmo View Post
I just bought the soundscape LA2A as well as Revive Audio's own "Vintage Audio" 1176.

No experience with Revive modded gear, but this 1176 is really something! They do a mod on the very cool Ashly SC-66A EQ, which I have... that will be the mod I try with Revive.
For search engine posterity "soundscape" is secret code for Audio-Scape? http://www.audio-scape.com / Audio-Scape Opto Compressor
Old 10th January 2018
Lives for gear

DOH!

Yes, it's the *Audio-scape" vintage optical compressor that I bought! Ha ha! I just read the other post and typed out the same thing... whoops!

Carry on
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
That is very interesting indeed. A little hard to believe, but I'm sure you're not hearing things.

I had my two WA EQP-WAs modded by Revive and noticed a HUGE difference in the sound, especially the top end. Before the mods I had to really focus to notice their effect. After the mods there was no question. Definitely worth it to me at the time.

This word of Klark Teknik has me intrigued.

Last edited by Drumhead57; 13th January 2018 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: grammar/syntax
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertmo View Post

How is that Vintage Audio 1176? I ended up with the 1176-KT
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

I have bought a lot of their modded gear. I had a problem with one and they didn`t want to hear about it. They wanted a receipt(which they didn`t send) so I provided the Paypal receipt, still no-go. Just be aware that if you buy a piece of gear from them and it breaks, not only are they arrogant about it, you might as well take it to your local shop and get it fixed yourself. I had a piece with a bad solder joint on a changed capacitor that I had to pay for again. They wanted nothing to do with it. Just FYI.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaMusic View Post
I have bought a lot of their modded gear. I had a problem with one and they didn`t want to hear about it. They wanted a receipt(which they didn`t send) so I provided the Paypal receipt, still no-go. Just be aware that if you buy a piece of gear from them and it breaks, not only are they arrogant about it, you might as well take it to your local shop and get it fixed yourself. I had a piece with a bad solder joint on a changed capacitor that I had to pay for again. They wanted nothing to do with it. Just FYI.
Sorry to hear that. I never tried to return anything, it always worked but good to know.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I never tried to return anything, it always worked but good to know.
I didn`t even try to return it, just asked to fix it(only had it a couple months). But yeah, mostly the gear is reliable, I have several pieces. It was just that one time and I was kinda floored by the attitude.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search