The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Allen and Heath GL2400-24 for project studio?
Old 3rd January 2017
Here for the gear

Allen and Heath GL2400-24 for project studio?

Hello! I just stumbled across an Allen & Heath GL2400-24 for a surprisingly affordable price, so good it's becoming hard to pass up! I was already in the market for a mixer for my project studio and was considering the Soundcraft 22MTK, which in my experience is a good mixer for the price with decent effects, with maybe the converters and lack of routing options leaving a little left to be desired of. However, at the price I'm currently looking at for this mixer, I'm considering forgoing the lack of multi-tracking and onboard effects for hugely superior routing options and maybe spend a little more on better interfaces in the future. From my understanding the mixer was designed more for live use so I'm not quite sure if I'm jumping the gun to end up with something that will eventually be quickly replaced.

I have some hardware drum machines/synthesizers currently and eventually plan on expanding with some outboard effects gears and a nice budget mic chain (WA87 -> TB12 -> WA-2A).

Should I go with the steal, or should I go with something brand new?
Old 11th January 2017
Used a GL2400 for years live, it's a workhorse. Found a GL2800-40 that a church was trying to get ride of for a little bit of nothing, and it's now the heart of my studio. Only problem I've seen with these boards is the occasional cold solder joint, which isn't hard to fix, and all the channels are modular.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search