The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just a heads up, JBL LSR305 lowest price I've seen
Old 26th December 2016
Here for the gear

Just a heads up, JBL LSR305 lowest price I've seen

Musician's Friend is selling the JBL LSR305 studio monitors for $99.99 each, but they are also buy one get one 1/2 half. So, a pair comes in at 149.98 total including free shipping.

But, here's the catch...Only in the color matte RED.

This works perfect for me, somehow without really planning it, my little home recording space has a red, black & white theme going on. While it works for me, I realize some might be put off by the color.

Anyway, just thought I would pass this deal along to those looking for some pretty good monitors for little money.

Here's the link...
JBL LSR305 5 in. Limited Edition Powered Studio Monitor - Matte Red | Musician's Friend

I am not associated with Musician's Friend, Guitar Center or JBL, as stated above, this is the best price I've seen on these.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Great price, the red color is a deal breaker for me. I just saw the JBL LSR 308's on sale for $50.00 off here:

JBL LSR308 | Sweetwater.com

On a Sweetwater Credit Card, they will finance at 0% interest for 48 months at $5.00 per month each.

Last edited by jaxman12; 27th December 2016 at 02:20 AM..
Old 27th December 2016
Here for the gear

yeah, I figured the red color would put some people off. As mentioned, they work for me. My buddy bought a pair & is planning to spray paint them black if the red bothers him too much. At $149 a pair he couldn't pass it up despite the color.

I've been researching monitors for a couple months & these sound like they will fit my needs perfectly...fingers crossed.
Old 27th December 2016
Glo
Gear Addict

Anyone been able to find any good deals for these in Canada? The don't often seem to go on a substantial sale like this.
Old 27th December 2016
P99
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo View Post
Anyone been able to find any good deals for these in Canada? The don't often seem to go on a substantial sale like this.
I looked at them, they are $480 cad at Long & McQuade, and the US sale price converts to around $220 cad. You can get a USA address at reship.com and for $5 + shipping they will forward them on to you.

These speakers are not the best by far, but for $300 they are good for that price...
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Head

Sweetwater may match the price for black ones. Sent an email to my sales guy to check. Going to pull the trigger either way, I've been teetering for a long time.
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Head

Thanks for the tip! That's a steal. They never go on sale like that. I wasn't sure about the red at first either but the LSR305 is kind of ugly to begin and I actually think red looks a bit better than the regular black ones. It might be too much in person, though, but like you said there's always spray paint!
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Head

Looks like they pulled the deal down pretty quickly, I'm guessing it was a mistake. After some fussing around on the phone, along with a screenshot of my cart, I got MF to honor the deal. They didn't seem happy.
Old 28th December 2016
Glo
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99 View Post
I looked at them, they are $480 cad at Long & McQuade, and the US sale price converts to around $220 cad. You can get a USA address at reship.com and for $5 + shipping they will forward them on to you.

These speakers are not the best by far, but for $300 they are good for that price...
Never knew about reship. I'll look into this. Thank you!
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwquig View Post
Looks like they pulled the deal down pretty quickly, I'm guessing it was a mistake. After some fussing around on the phone, along with a screenshot of my cart, I got MF to honor the deal. They didn't seem happy.
Yeah, I was dragging feet over this deal & when I finally tried to strike on it, it was gone. Although they're still selling them at $100 ea. I can't bite due to that red color scheme! Krylon or no Krylon it's just not happenin' at that cost. Sorry MF.

Last edited by Analok; 28th December 2016 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 29th December 2016
Here for the gear

The deal was a little bit better than I originally thought. If you belong to Musician's Friend backstage pass program, you also get $12.00 in store credit to spend any way you like. You get the credit 45 days after purchase. May not sound like much, but it will cover one or two sets of guitar strings.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search