The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alctron factory now selling oem/generic PRE 573'S Single-Channel Preamps
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelthemusician View Post
Yeah, there is a gut shot of the EQ earlier in the thread from the Alctron version. I know I have ones from the preamp too somewhere. I’ll try to track those down later.
Thanks. So the N-Sonic ones are the same on the inside? Looks like the EQ has an output transformer, but no input transformer. Is that right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Been curious about Alctron products. I do have their lunchbox. I'm curious if these are used for mastering as well and must I have a pair for such purpose to be "stereo"? Does the CP52A compressor not come with a limiter?

I think ART or DBX products could be a step up from Alctron?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRoomStudios View Post
Thanks. So the N-Sonic ones are the same on the inside? Looks like the EQ has an output transformer, but no input transformer. Is that right?
They are the same internally, yes. I believe you are right about the transformers as well because I think those two yellow things in the photo are the inductors.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by slutbox View Post
Been curious about Alctron products. I do have their lunchbox. I'm curious if these are used for mastering as well and must I have a pair for such purpose to be "stereo"? Does the CP52A compressor not come with a limiter?

I think ART or DBX products could be a step up from Alctron?
I think we talked on Ebay. The CP52a does not have a limiter. You do need two to be stereo since these and almost all single-slot 500 series processors are mono. Not sure what you meant by "stereo" in quotes though.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on any Art products since I've never used them. I haven't used DBX's 560 either, but the DBX 160 that it's based off is a studio classic. I don't think two can be linked for stereo operation though, and if you run them in dual mono your center might not always stay centered.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Are these types of Eq and compressor more for tracking/mixing than mastering then or what? Since they're mono.

Quote:
I think we talked on Ebay. The CP52a does not have a limiter. You do need two to be stereo since these and almost all single-slot 500 series processors are mono. Not sure what you meant by "stereo" in quotes though.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on any Art products since I've never used them. I haven't used DBX's 560 either, but the DBX 160 that it's based off is a studio classic. I don't think two can be linked for stereo operation though, and if you run them in dual mono your center might not always stay centered.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Does Alctron sell their own lunch-boxes or are there cheap ones that are pretty good?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by slutbox View Post
Are these types of Eq and compressor more for tracking/mixing than mastering then or what? Since they're mono.
Typically yes, but there is no reason they couldn't be used for mastering if you got stereo pairs. The fact that two CP52as can be stereo linked I'm sure makes a difference.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
Does Alctron sell their own lunch-boxes or are there cheap ones that are pretty good?
Alctron has a few racks now, but some of them are brand new models that you can't get quite yet. I currently am selling the Rack3 horizontal 3-space rack, and I also have a couple of their new single-space racks for sale, the S1. New versions the S3 V2 and the S8 are currently being manufactured.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No exp with the alctron racks but I have the 6 space Midas rack ($249) and have zero complaints. They also make a 10 space for $50 more but I wanted some self control in terms of filling it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Alctron has a few racks now, but some of them are brand new models that you can't get quite yet. I currently am selling the Rack3 horizontal 3-space rack, and I also have a couple of their new single-space racks for sale, the S1. New versions the S3 V2 and the S8 are currently being manufactured.
Do you have a store or something?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you have a store or something?
If you look up alctron on reverb or eBay you’ll find his store, I bought the preamps and compressors from Noel on reverb and they arrived really quickly with no hassle. I really enjoy using them, they all sound good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I am putting together a 10-slot 500 series rack of EQ's. Gonna pick up an N73EQ on later today.

Last edited by OceanMan; 1 week ago at 01:22 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search