The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for a good mixer
Old 19th June 2016
Here for the gear

Looking for a good mixer

Hi ! First time posting !

So, I'm studying jazz piano and I have a quintet, with a saxofonist, doubleblass, drums and a singer. We play in bars, hotels and small places like those, and we usually borrow some gear (soundcraft spiritfolio mixer and 1 yamaha msr 400 powered speaker) from the music school we attend too.

Since we usually play in small places, we only mic the doublebass (akg 391b) and the singer (shure sm58) and I run my stage piano/keyboard ( whatever you want to call it) through the mixer.
But now I want to get my own gear. I managed to buy a used msr 400, and now, the only thing that is left is the mixer.

My budget is 300 euros and the mixer needs to have phantom power, can be connected via usb to a pc, and is suitable for both live and recording situations. Oh, and a decent sound quality and equalization.
I looked around a bit and found the Allen and heath zed10, but I like more channels to have more of a breathing room if i want more instruments. I also got my eye on the soundcraft signature 10, but I haven't seen a lot of reviews on it and it doesn't seem to be very popular. Any suggestions ?

I know having just one speaker might not be the best setup possible, but it has worked well so far. And sorry if I gave to much information, but I wanted you to have all the facts.
Old 20th June 2016
Here for the gear

If you want to record multitrack and not just the main mix, I would suggest saving up for the Behringer X18. It's a true bargain for what you want. Otherwise, look for an old used board from a good lesser known company (Ramsa, etc.) and buy a multitrack interface for recording with the leftover money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search