The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
NS10 Studio dust cover solution?
Old 14th June 2016
Here for the gear

NS10 Studio dust cover solution?

Hello!

Just recently purchased a set of ns10m studios to go in my basements studio. I also have a set of ns10M's, (the vertically oriented older models) which i have the speaker covers for. My question is, how can i prevent dust from accumulating on the speakers themselves, like the cones, and tweeter? the old ones i used the covers all the time, and dust never entered the speakers. as you all may know, the studios dont have the cutouts for the covers. Any solutions? anyone ever tried monitor covers before? should i just use a pillowcase?

LOL, just dont want to get dust in the speakers much, because they're so fragile i wouldnt want to damage them just trying to dust the cones off...

Thanks to all, have a good week!
Old 14th June 2016
Lives for gear

Wipe them down every once and awhile
Old 14th June 2016
Here for the gear

well, i wipe down the boxes themselve, but the actual tweeter, and woofer, i really couldnt. especially when potentially touching the cones could damage those, and i dont have 500 dollars for a new one...
Old 15th June 2016
Lives for gear

I have never had any damage to monitors in 15 years without covering them. To me, it would be a huge PITA but I can understand the want to protect your investment. I just wonder if taking something on and off constantly could potentially cause more damage than it may prevent. I would just use a pillow case, or a towel to not have to worry about catching on a seem.
Old 25th June 2016
Here for the gear

went with some very thin microfiber pillowcases, making sure that they do not touch the woofers. no sound differences as far as i can tell. thanks for the input, all!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search