The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anybody try the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD?
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

I came from a Line6 UX2 wich I had for 10 years but I wanted something with more ins and read good things about the 404HD so I gave it a try.
I can say that just like most of the posters say here the 404 is stabile, exceptional low noise and low latency.
I was surprised when I unboxed the unit that it was an all metal case and the knobs and connectors felt really good while my Line6 was a plastic unit.
Overall I can say that for this pricepoint you won't find any better, it's a great box.
One thing that Behringer could do better is their website, it's very slow always, time for an update I would say.
Old 24th March 2019
Here for the gear
UMC204HD 192k DFU Windows 10

hi,

i just bought this little interface and had some WIN10 driver issues at the beginning.
After installing the official drivers, a not installed hardware component has been displayed in the hardwaremanager called "UMC204HD 192k DFU".
I found a very helpful post in the offical forum.

The solution is pretty easy. Thanks to "LennartNaert"

"All I did was change the directory for the driver from 'Program Files\BEHRINGER\UMC_Driver_Update' to 'Program Files (x86)\BEHRINGER\UMC_Driver_Update'. During the installation itself and upon finishing, I got some different dialogue than in all previous attempts. Now a 'U' icon showed up in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) which didn't happen before. All I can assume is that somehow the installation didn't run successfully because of the default directory (even though it seemed to have finished properly during those previous attempts)."

Fix - Music Tribe Community

maybe it will help someone.

regards,
Peter
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
My drummer and I have been tracking on the 4 input version using Reaper for a few sessions. The interface sounds good and has its own drivers. Drum overhead condensers and dynamic kick mic sound great. My Lovelpedal Bonetender fuzz guitar directly into the instrument input sounds really good too. High marks for good sound and low $. Nicely done Behringer.
I thought there is only one phantom power switch for all 4 mic inputs, so can you combine dynamic and condenser mics?
Old 30th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbalizer View Post
I thought there is only one phantom power switch for all 4 mic inputs, so can you combine dynamic and condenser mics?
Yes. All dynamic mics ive encountered simply ignore phantom power. Turn on the switch if you have any condensor mics. I seem to remember this can hurt some ribbon mics. Check with your mic mfgs if you're concerned.
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
Yes. All dynamic mics ive encountered simply ignore phantom power. Turn on the switch if you have any condensor mics. I seem to remember this can hurt some ribbon mics. Check with your mic mfgs if you're concerned.
oh, never even though of checking that...I'm using the good old robust SM58 dynamic along with Samson C03 as my only mics in my budget set-up, along with the TASCAM US-122L which seems to be unusable now that I updated my Mac OS from 10.8.5 to High Sierra 10.13.6... hence why I'm interested in the Behringer as an affordable replacement (and I do need the flexibility of the Midi...which further limits selection so seems like 404HD or 204HD is the winner)

I always assumed the Dynamic / Condenser combo meant I had no way to record in stereo (except using the line out on my Sony PCM D50 portable recorder...not a bad workaround)
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Has anyone tried the UMC204HD or the UMC404HD on an iPad but with MIDI instead of audio? Eg: can you output MIDI from it?

Assuming CCK 3, powered USB hub, etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search