The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
studiospares sn-10 (fake ns-10) - any good?
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Maniac

studiospares sn-10 (fake ns-10) - any good?

anyone used or heard these? I need new monitors urgently and i don't have much money. i like ns-10s, they're a bit pricey second-hand though. Are these anything like them?
Old 3rd February 2007
Gear Maniac

I've not had any personal experience with these, but alot of people have commented that these are nothing like ns10s. The advertising gives you a clue to this, as it says they've 'improved' the bass response. Hence, nothing like ns10s!
Old 3rd February 2007
spec-wise they're nothing like the NS10s. they do have the white cones, though. pretty!
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear
They guy who owns the shop is apperently really awesome to work for, and all of his product he's got faith in.

So, they seem pretty good from that angle - i've never tried, or heard them though!
Old 15th December 2009
Here for the gear

I've tried them for quite sometime whilst I was working at a friends studio.

I'm not quite sure how close to the NS10's they sound but they are certainly very fatiguing even after short periods.

I found it very hard to make decisions to the mixes so from this I wouldn't recommend them as main monitors. I would look at one of the powered jobbies on the market instead.
Old 15th December 2009
Gear Addict

actually i find theyre not hugely dissimilar to the ns10s character; although they are MORE fatiguing. Yes it is possible.
Old 7th May 2011
Here for the gear

Hi Guys

The idea behind them is to exaggerate the Mid's. This is what we asked for when we speced it. Obviously there are copy write issues when it comes to a complete copy so we decided to improve the lack of bass by increasing the size of the bass driver. Dont know if our blurb claims that they sound like NS10's but they are one of a few speaker on the market that offer a good alternative pair of speakers to AB your mixes between offering complete different sound characteristics. They are not Hi-Fi and are not trying to sound like a pair of Mackies or the like. Marmite speakers you will either love them or hate them.

Regards

Gary
Old 2nd October 2012
Lives for gear

Are these speakers sealed box like the original Yamaha NS10's?
Old 2nd October 2012
Lives for gear

I believe they are sealed, but to be honest, they are loads of REAL used NS10m's going on ebay at really good prices these days. I have seen them going for silly prices recently
Old 2nd November 2014
Gear Head
will try them with Adcom GFA 535. What do you think, would this amp fit SN10?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search