The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What behringer gear has served you well?
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Head

What behringer gear has served you well?

I personally have a UMC404 audio interface, that has served me well for over a year now, and a Xenyx X1024USB Mixer that has lasted me for 6 years now (Although, only heavy usage over the past 2-3 years) The preamps on the xenyx aren't really that great, but the UMC404 has really decent pres.

I also had a pair of headphones, that lasted maybe 6 months, but that's to be expected considering I used them everywhere I went.

The only issues I've ever had were the xenyx mixer's USB connection went faulty after a while and now emits a really terrible playback distortion-ringing noise, but recording shows no noise flaws. I also would've liked an on/off switch on the interface.

What gear have you guys tried and actually served you nicely?

Thanks .
Old 13th February 2016
Here for the gear
small cheap four-channel mixers as in-ear amp and headphone driver. more versatile (XLR, TS, TRS and RCA input) and expendable. more expensive (drummer) in ear amps are overpriced and honestly, often they suck.

for rehearsals etc superb. would never record or monitor seriously on it tho

and i LOVE my two behringer mx8000 mixing desks. theyre a direct ripoff of mackie's 8bus. they serve me extremely well, one for the road and one in my rehearsal room. they sound good, their eq's are fine, they are GREAT for live recording. got huge sounds out of it and rainshowers of compliments for my mixing. i seriously see no point in using another board for smaller non-serious jobs until i get myself a digital mixer at some point in the future.
Old 13th February 2016
Their headphone amps i guess, ha400 and ha4700. I've been working in small and large studios who use them intensively for years without problem.
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Maniac

I bought a couple of Ultrapatch Pro several years ago and they still rock.
I also had one of the first Eurorack mixer which lasted probably 10 years or so.
Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

The only Behringer I owned that did not fail prematurely was the MX8000, which was still working when I sold it a couple years ago.
Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

The Denoiser is actually a good, sophisticated stereo expander/ gate which of course they thought well to discontinue. I sold mine at some point in the late 90's and I ended up buying another one off eBay. It's a pretty good piece of gear, regardless of the price.
The 16 channel 1U line mixer also works ok for utilitarian purposes - if you watch the headroom you won't notice any difference with units costing way more.
Old 13th February 2016
my 2442usb and 212d speakers have lasted 5 years so far no issues. My new x32 rack and ha8000 are only a couple months old but I expect them to give years of service.
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Maniac

I'll second lapsang on the Ultrapatch Pros; I have 3 of them and they're still in pretty good shape.

Also, I have a UMX61 midi keyboard that hasn't given me any issues (I probably just jinxed myself).
Old 13th February 2016
Deleted 7764de7
vintage tube overdrive pedal, and echo machine guitar pedal.

The echo machine is among my favorite pieces in my small studio.
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Addict

BCR2000. Have it for a couple of years already. Don't see how it ever could break (knocks on wood).
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Addict

My dad had a few bad experiences with Behringer gear that he owned. I have not...

I have owned a SX2442FX that was used as a live sound board for a band my dad and I played in and it worked flawlessly and sounded great.

I picked up a V-Tone Bass Driver DI because it was so cheap and it sounded great right after a variety of instruments such as a Korg Triton LE and a Roland SP-404.

When I first started playing bass, my dad got me the Thunderbird BX108 which sounds great and is still a great practice amp and sounds good on guitar as well.

My favorite piece of Behringer gear that I've owned though is the Behritone C50A, which I use every day in my studio and is just awesome.

Last edited by KickDrum; 13th February 2016 at 10:07 PM..
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Nut

my ADA8000 still works, my eurolive 15" PA speakers work still work that I bought second hand 5/6 years ago used to be gigged with now used once a week for practice and my 500 watt eurolive powered mixer still works that I bought at the same time
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Addict

ADA8200

CT100 Cable tester
Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

HA 4700 still going strong after about 12 years and the P16-I / P16-M combo has been great so far as well.

I also had a ada8000 for a few years that never had any issues.
Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

+1 for cable tester.
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Nut
My rule of thumb with Behringer is if there's no audio circuit, it's a good buy.

-BCF2000
-Ultrapatch
Old 14th February 2016
Lives for gear

I've moved on from Behringer gear but I got years and years of reliable service from a Behri UB pro 4 channel board and the 2 channel Ultragain mic pre.
Old 14th February 2016
Gear Addict

A mono Behritone C50A. Really great grotbox.
Old 14th February 2016
Lives for gear

Bcr2000
ada8200
Old 14th February 2016
Lives for gear

I used the DDX3216 for many years as my main mixer. needed a recap of the PSU at about 8 years in. but other than that it was an awesome bit of gear. Still using an ultra patch pro and ADA8000 without any issues, but almost 10 years old.
Old 14th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollo View Post
BCR2000. Have it for a couple of years already. Don't see how it ever could break (knocks on wood).
I had one and it broke. Just stopped working.

I've owned an 8 channel mixer from them for about a decade, that's been great. Also own a delay and an eq pedal that I use as boost, both fine. Oh and had a metal distortion pedal I used to use on a 303 clone, that didn't break either.

Think that's it.
Old 14th February 2016
Gear Head

Wow, I didn't expect all of this none bashing here, fantastic :P.

Anyone have experience with the UMC interfaces? Trying to figure out whether its worth buying two of them.
Old 15th February 2016
Gear Head

I have just bought a UMC202HD and compared it with an RME interface a friend is using in his studio. We did a shoot out with multiple mics and music material. We couldn't hear any difference and we're quite impressed with the sound quality. The new UMC202HD version is now 192khz.
I also have an X32, XR18 and now an X Touch which have been great. I am a happy camper :-)
Old 15th February 2016
Here for the gear

Behringer MX8000 + Meterbridge - still working
Old 15th February 2016
Gear Head

Hey Zedmarty, I had an MX8000 before, but I got it secondhand.
Isn't that mixer now around 20 years old?
Old 15th February 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk56 View Post
Hey Zedmarty, I had an MX8000 before, but I got it secondhand.
Isn't that mixer now around 20 years old?
Yep, around 1995-96. Got it in great condition second hand, previous owner didn't use it much.
Old 15th February 2016
Gear Head

I plan on getting a X2222 Mixer, purely for line ins and inserts, essentially using it as a control surface if you will. I won't really be using their preamps much, unless I need to because of lack of inputs on my interface, but I don't it. I have nothing against them, but the UMC pres are pretty damn good. I just wish I had some older MIDAS gear to compare it too.
Old 15th February 2016
Here for the gear

ada8000..v-amp pro...B2031A...cable tester
Old 16th February 2016
Ive got a Eurodesk MX2442 I bought in like 2004 or so that is still kicking, and still looks as new as it was the day I bought it. A 1/4" patchbay is still working as it should. The $30 knock off of the Boss HM-2 nails the job its supposed to, but the plastic case means it will never leave the studio. Just ordered an ADA8200 last week so Im hoping the good luck Ive had so far with Behringer keeps up..
Old 16th February 2016
Gear Head
ECM8000 has served me well in treating multiple rooms accurately.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search