The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hey Guys need a solution
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear
Hey Guys need a solution

I have a new room in my home measures up too 14x14 (pretty small yeah) but i want to basicly setup this room of mines to do tracking of vocals only. Any suggestions you guys can offer, thanks.
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Addict

Looks like you need some bullet proof glass!!!

Are you doing hip hop vocals ? I have a small vocal booth I used on some hip hop vocals with good results. It's just a small treated room that is pretty dead as far as reflections.

Maybe try some basic stuff for starters. Hang some cool looking rugs or blankets from the walls a few inches out so there is a little air space behind. See what happens.
Even try the coat closet if you want to see if that kind of sound works.
Old 28th January 2007
I agree, we also used to hang blankets and create a small booth in the middle of the room when we had to track in a dorm room.

make sure to pleat everything so it'll absorb better.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear
well the closet option is out cause it way too small. I want too utilize as much space as i can.
Old 29th January 2007
Gear Addict

I heard some of your stuff on the link you have. I'm not much of a rap guy but that's pretty cool.

We used to put the singer in the closet when we would do band demos. He always complained but it worked pretty well. real intimate and up close sound.

If you can't hang blankets all around try one wall and face it when you do your thing.

If it's a room you can really play with try some owens 704 in different locations.

Here is a great site for acoustic help.

www.johnlsayers.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search