The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cd recorder
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Maniac

cd recorder

Anyone recommend a cd recorder with good A/D converters for £300-£500? I like the idea of the masterlink but i'm a bit put off by reports of the converters - I'm recording off reel to reels and i want to preserve as much warmth and detail as possible. Or should i just buy a computer and a soundcard for the same amount of money? What's the real bang-for-the-buck bargain on this?
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

http://www.fostex.com/index.php?file=products/ppr/cr500

I have asked about this here, but got no opinons on the AD convertors. However I have read a couple of articles that gave it very positive reviews without specifically saying anything about the AD.

In any case, I am highly tempted to try one out... In the US, they are $499 street (or under €400/ about £255) and I haven't found a better price in europe than €595 or about £370.
For €400, I'd jump in straight away.
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Maniac

bump!
does anybody else have any opinions on this? it's the only mixdown deck i'll be getting for a good few years, so i have to make the right choice!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search