The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft Signature MTK's status Mixers (Analog)
Old 7th January 2016
Gear Head
Soundcraft Signature MTK's status

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are they being deleted as soon as they go up or what. WTF is going on with this?
Old 8th January 2016
Here for the gear

January 22.. Hopefully.

I called Soundcraft a few days ago, because I placed a pre-order for the Signature 12 MTK on Sweetwater in early December with an expected ship-date of December 31st. The guy told me that the MTKs are going to start shipping on the 22nd. Let's just hope they stick to it.
Old 10th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by delco7 View Post
Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are they being deleted as soon as they go up or what. WTF is going on with this?
I was wondering about that as well. There was at least one good thread going and suddenly it's missing?
Old 10th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenglenn View Post
I called Soundcraft a few days ago, because I placed a pre-order for the Signature 12 MTK on Sweetwater in early December with an expected ship-date of December 31st. The guy told me that the MTKs are going to start shipping on the 22nd. Let's just hope they stick to it.
Well, all through 2015 Soundcraft have been moving the goal post, over-promising and under-delivering, time after time. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for invisible products to suddenly materialize. By NAMM 2016 there may well be better things. Things you can actually touch and feel.
Old 13th January 2016
Here for the gear

Just thought I'd give you guys another update. I ordered a Signature 12 MTK in early December, with an expected ship date of December 31st. January 4th rolled around, and I called Soundcraft to ask for an update. I was then told that they were going to start shipping on January 22nd. I was fine with that. I called Soundcraft again today (the 12th of January) to ask for another update, and the guy told me that they aren't expected to ship until March. This was supposed to be my Christmas gift. I immediately called Sweetwater and ordered some other items with the balance. I'll just get the 12 MTK when it comes out, and that's if it comes out.
Old 14th January 2016
Lives for gear

I put a deposit down on a 22 MTK back last March. When the mixer didn't come in after about ten promised delivery dates, I cancelled it. Plus, I discovered it doesn't have channel inserts which are important to me.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new Soundcraft GBR2 16 mixer that does everything and more than the MTK, except it doesn't have the built in USB interface. I already own a 16 channel USB interface that works great off the direct outs.
Old 17th January 2016
Here for the gear

I think it's even more delayed, to March what I heard because of that they shipped the MTK by boat instead of airplane..
Old 17th January 2016
Gear Maniac
Soundcraft announced this week that the MTK units have -- allegedly -- entered production at last. They claim it will be "a few months until they're in stores".

https://www.facebook.com/SoundcraftMixers

Take that with as many grains of salt as you wish. I pre-ordered my MTK in April of last year, so my grains could fill the Bonneville Salt Flats.
Old 17th January 2016
Such a disappointment with this one, you can't just f*k around with customers like that. I am more than glad that I didn't preorder, and will search for an alternative... I wouldn't buy it even if it hits the store tomorrow, just out of principles... This was a bad bad move Soundcraft ...
Old 9th February 2016
Here for the gear

B&H photo says now that the Mtk series will be available in 17-18 of march. We can of course not be sure, but let's hope that it's true.
Old 22nd February 2016
Here for the gear

A guy from Soundcraft called me in Oct/2015 said the MTK Version would be available Late November, Dec 1/2015 "for sure". I get that this is supposed fill a gap, 4 or 5 pieces of gear in one box. A USB Analog Mixer/Interface, Multi-track Rec/Playback etc. If they announced at Winter Namm 2016 they would still be late, with a near April release. If the mixer is not available by the end of march, i'm out. new plan/different Mixer/Console? I check B&H and Sweetwater Daily. Come on you Bastards! charge more, just give us a decent sounding mixer with solid conversion and drivers. I'm unimpressed with the current crop of mixers with built in interfaces. I'd pay $15K for a 16 ch Mixer built like a Speck Lilo but with Basic EQ's & RME UFX on-board. I just need a decent mixer to plug into, Record/Playback with Aux Sends/Returns for my Hardware Samplers, anything else they want to add is gravy. Why is a Great "Mixerface" so elusive?
Old 24th February 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayziobxny View Post
I'm unimpressed with the current crop of mixers with built in interfaces. I'd pay $15K for a 16 ch Mixer built like a Speck Lilo but with Basic EQ's & RME UFX on-board.
If your budget is truly $15k, why not just get the Speck and RME? Just a "portability" thing?

I know nothing of the Speck and know RME by reputation only (which is great), so I can't say for certain that this wouldn't be a step down in quality, but for a tiny fraction of the $15k cost, why not give a look at something like these?

Allen & Heath ZED-R16 | Sweetwater.com

Midas VeniceF16 - 16 Channel Firewire | Sweetwater.com
Old 29th February 2016
Here for the gear

I have a good grasp on what is available. As far as a budget? I don't have one, I've made a good living off music & have a finished studio at my Label. I need something for a new Project Studio i'm building at home, where i do the majority of track creation. I'm seriously looking at the Signature MTK 22 for what it dose and because i like the idea of an all-in-one box. The Lilo is as clean as any Console, but lacks EQ's and obviously an interface, but i can add a 500 series Rack with EQ's and a separate interface, if the MTK is a failure. They likely over promised, but we'll see? My main point was where are the high-end boards with built in conversion? they don't exist yet, but absolutely should. It's just unfortunate that companies can't see the huge gap that exists in this area. They've all put out various DAW targeted mixers while missing the opportunity to combine any of them with an interface. I understand this would likely mean teaming up with another company, one known for solid drivers and great conversion etc. but it's not like companies never collaborate. They could but don't, won't or are in some secret location unbeknownst to the audio world working on something right now? The closest so far have been with been Digital boards, like the Yamaha 01V96i. The sound is there but the menu layout is a workflow killer. Also it's march so in the next month i'll either test the MTK and Buy a Couple or move on to plan B! + maybe in the future post conceptual things elsewhere, that's what it is.
Old 1st March 2016
Lives for gear

I gave up on getting an MTK after multiple promises of delivery AND after learning it does not have channel inserts. I instead bought a GBR2 16 mixer and use my Cymatic LR16 as a 16 channel USB interface. It works great and sounds very very nice. I use the individual channel outs to connect the LR16 which gives me full use of all channel features.

There are mixers with built in interfaces, several digital and several analogue, including Mackie. I simply like using an analogue mixer as the front end in my studio. Plus, I like having six separate monitor mixes available.
Old 16th March 2016
Here for the gear

Suddenly today I got a email from the distribution in Sweden that it has arrived today.
So I picked it up today and I can say that it is worth to wait. Nice sounding preamps and good quality. Looking forward to work with it!������
Old 16th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerlu77 View Post
Suddenly today I got a email from the distribution in Sweden that it has arrived today.
So I picked it up today and I can say that it is worth to wait. Nice sounding preamps and good quality. Looking forward to work with it!������
Photo or it didn't happen.
Old 16th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Yes! You're my hero! You, sir, have provided the only known photo of one of these MTK units in the wild! This makes me feel so much better that the end is truly in sight -- after 14 excruciating months of waiting. At last, proof of life!

Thanks so much. I'm going to start blowing up my Sweetwater reps phone right now!
Old 16th March 2016
Here for the gear

The distrubution in Sweden got between 5-10 MTK12 and 5-10 of 22 I think today.
They was shipped by airplane from China this week. I know that BH photo will have them in stock this week. Check that out!
Old 16th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerlu77 View Post
The distrubution in Sweden got between 5-10 MTK12 and 5-10 of 22 I think today.
They was shipped by airplane from China this week. I know that BH photo will have them in stock this week. Check that out!
I've had my 12 MTK on pre-order from Sweetwater since April of last year. Sucks that it's taken this long, but at least I got my order in before they raised the price!

Last time I spoke to the Soundcraft USA sales manager (last week), I suggested that Soundcraft ought to do something for people who have waited a year for this. Not sure what it would be, just some small token of appreciation for their patience. Free set of headphones, or 1/4" jack bluetooth transmitter or voucher good toward purchase of some other product in the Harmon family. He said he'd bring it up with the bosses but that I ought not hold my breath.
Old 18th March 2016
Here for the gear

I've been waiting and watching for a year and now that the end is in site (hopefully) I've pulled the trigger and put my preorder in.
It's been a long, long wait.
Thanks Westerlu77!
Old 19th March 2016
Here for the gear
MTK Review

@ westerlu77 may you be able to post a small review of the signature mtk? Especially about the quality of the usb- interface if you have the time for it. Maybe you could make a small video when you're testing it anyway.
Thanks in advance if you have the time for it ;-)
Old 20th March 2016
Gear Head

yes pleeeeeease! let us know how solid the USB MT is.

great news, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnoepfle View Post
@ westerlu77 may you be able to post a small review of the signature mtk? Especially about the quality of the usb- interface if you have the time for it. Maybe you could make a small video when you're testing it anyway.
Thanks in advance if you have the time for it ;-)
Old 22nd March 2016
Here for the gear

It would be nice a small report about the stability of the USB interface, everybody is fear about problems in that for the long wait and the messages that appear in some places.

Thanks for share @ westerlu77 !!!
Old 24th March 2016
Here for the gear

Review of the MTK22 in the April issue of Sound on Sound
MTK22 in SOS (requires subscription)
Old 24th March 2016
Gear Head

Just read the SOS review and they give the 22MTK a big thumbs up!
They say the USB is very stable, which is great.
I'm just wondering when the UK will see units arrive. Hopefully soon, seeing as they were designed here!
Old 25th March 2016
Here for the gear

Hi again! After some issues with the power supply, (it was completely dead two days ago) I got a new one and it works well since then.
Usb interface seems too be good. I just did a bounce here when you can hear some drum tracks from a live gig I did yesterday.
2 overhead and a bassdrum is what you hear. I made the recording via my iPad and a app called MultiTrack DAW. Really great app by the way.https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u1mymqwgz6rp15/MTK.mp3?dl=0
Old 25th March 2016
Here for the gear
@ westerlu77 thanks for the answer. I am really looking forward to my preordered signature 22 mtk.
Old 26th March 2016
Gear Maniac
For those wishing to read the full review, it's available as a standalone pdf download for only $0.99 on the SoS site. SoS is my favorite trade pub on the market, you should support them and purchase it!

But in case you don't want to: In short, the reviewer liked it quite a lot. At the risk of copyright infringement, here are his pros and cons and a brief except from his summary.

PROS

- Neat, attractive and compact desk with flexible routing options.
- Multitrack bi‑directional USB interfacing.
- Great preamps.
- Two lots of Lexicon effects.
- dbx input limiters.
- A lot of functionality for the money.

CONS

- No hardware inserts on the channels.
- I’d have really liked XLR outputs on the aux and/or group sends.

"The Signature 22 MTK has an abundance of goodies built right in — Ghost preamps, Lexicon effects, asymmetric EQ and so on — in a highly flexible and nicely laid-out design. Add to this the multitrack USB interface, and this console will surely become a favourite for live shows and studios alike. As a recording interface, the audio performance is impressive and very stable. I certainly didn’t experience any setup or configuration issues, as it all worked like a charm straight out of the box."
Old 26th March 2016
Gear Nut

This looks interesting! Would a Waves Multirack native system work with it?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search