The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft Signature MTK's status
Old 15th April 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkcloner View Post
Great minds think alike.

I asked a few days ago about a new model and got this for a reply:

“According to our knowledge in T.S. there is no planes to refresh this model please you may want to check with our dealers like (guitar Center or Sam Ash) in your area

See link https://www.soundcraft.com/en/produc...ture-22-mtk”
Honestly I hope they do, I love my Soundcraft Sig, but I'm dying to use some more outboard compressors. The way I currently run compression is a bit of a runaround (send via group 1-2 and returns on 17/18). Typically use that for drum buss compression. Works great but I would happily pay an extra £500 just for inserts on channels and groups. Really hope they consider it.

Out of interest does anyone know how well this series sold? I would think they would update because I know a few practice spaces with 10 or 12 rooms nearby that are fully using the sig (not MTK) versions. I wonder if we as a community made more noise for a new MTK, that they may develop it a bit sooner.

What do you think?
Old 20th April 2019
Here for the gear

How does signature 12 MTK sound quality compare to Apollo Twin?

Are the pre's and A/D conversion on par with Apollo Twin? Would you get rid of apollo or keep it for A/D conversion between 12mtk and the DAW?
Old 2nd May 2019
Here for the gear

I returned my brand new 12 MTK because of a balance issue (left output channel was 1-2dB lower). Soundcraft replied to the retailer that it was caused by electronic component tolerance and that it was perfectly acceptable to them. Good thing is the retailer is willing to refund the mixer.
Now, I don't know if I should buy another one or go for another brand...
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Maniac
With a heavy heart, I recently eBay'd my Signature 12 MTK because I simply couldn't take the poor driver performance any longer. I loved the hardware, but the 5-year-old USB driver Soundcraft continues to run out there was bad on day 1 and has grown progressively worse for me over time. Presumably, this is due to frequent incremental updates to my OS (Windows 10) without any corresponding update to the driver. This driver came out when Windows 8 was new and 7 was still the overwhelming market-share leader. Don't be fooled by the "last updated" date on the USB driver download page. That evidently refers to the page, not the driver. The driver has been at version 3.20 since way before launch and a checksum comparison of the file out there today and one I downloaded years ago revealed that the binaries are identical.

I *hate* that I had to do this. I replaced it with the PreSonus StudioLive AR12. I like PreSonus as a company and am happy with the AR12. But I liked the MTK better. The EQ and effects were better, and I liked the routing much better. The "super channel" thing with the Bluetooth on the AR12 is pretty great, though. But most of all, the PreSonus driver performs way WAY better for me. There's an unfortunate audible "pop" when it switches between sample rates, but aside from that it's been absolutely flawless. I've thrown everything I can at it, even intentionally going out of my way to bog it down and it's performed like a champ. 256 buffer size is easily achievable, even with multiple huge software sample libraries running concurrently. Even a single library choked the Soundcraft driver even at 512 or 1024.

Anyway, no one probably cares about any of that so not sure why I'm sharing! I guess as a contributor of many, many dozens of posts in this thread, I just wanted to go out with one last comment wishing you all the best of luck! See you on other threads!
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Did any of you tried the Tascam model 24?
Seems to be similar to the 24 MTK but would be good to know how the EQ and effects are, how the driver behaves...
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodweather View Post
Did any of you tried the Tascam model 24?
Seems to be similar to the 24 MTK but would be good to know how the EQ and effects are, how the driver behaves...
For what it's worth I had great performance with my 12mtk before I sold it. I sold it to get a digital board.

Honestly I don't see the point of something like the Tascam as it's the same price as an ashly digimix18. I bought one of the digimix boards and it's amazing. I honestly could never buy another board with just simple 3-4 band EQ's with one sweepable band, like what do you even do with those?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robou View Post
I returned my brand new 12 MTK because of a balance issue (left output channel was 1-2dB lower). Soundcraft replied to the retailer that it was caused by electronic component tolerance and that it was perfectly acceptable to them. Good thing is the retailer is willing to refund the mixer.
Now, I don't know if I should buy another one or go for another brand...
Made the mistake to buy another one, it has the exact same issue, I'm sending this new one back and I'm done with Soundcraft.
These guys never even replied to my emails.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundationsAudio View Post
For what it's worth I had great performance with my 12mtk before I sold it. I sold it to get a digital board.

Honestly I don't see the point of something like the Tascam as it's the same price as an ashly digimix18. I bought one of the digimix boards and it's amazing. I honestly could never buy another board with just simple 3-4 band EQ's with one sweepable band, like what do you even do with those?
Not to mention....look at those INSERTS!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search