The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ATTN TC Electronic M350 owners
Old 23rd January 2007
Here for the gear

ATTN TC Electronic M350 owners

Nice unit!! But is it supposed to be blue? The picture on the box shows a silver anodized front. Mine is steel blue.

There's no protective plastic to peel off and when I have it next to silver gear it's definitely blue.

I'm not mad, just curious.

Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Maniac

Well, I'm plenty mad.

I bought mine because it said it came with VST plug-in control software. Nowhere -- not on the dealer's site, not on TC's site -- nowhere did it say that the software upgrade that enables the use of this control software can only be performed on a Windows PC. I am completely Apple.

I wrote tech support at TC Electronic. They told me to send it back to the dealer at my expense, so my dealer could do the upgrade. I suggested -- since it's their mistake -- they should send a replacement and a return authorization for my unit. They refused. When I pointed out that they were misrepresenting the features of their product, I was told that I was being unreasonable and that programmers were slaving away to write the Apple code so I could do the upgrade. Over half a year later, they still haven't written that program.

Clearly, I'm still holding a grudge. But, they should be grateful I didn't make it my hobby to slag them around the forums long ago.

My unit has a blue-gray faceplate, too, getting back to your comment. It also was shipped with a loose knob. TC isn't tops on my list these days.
Old 9th March 2007
Lives for gear

It does now say on tc's website that a Windows machine is required to perform the update.

Did you contact your dealer at all about this? I don't think it's unreasonable on tc's part to have you send it back to your dealer...your dealer should be the one taking care of you. You may have even been able to convince them to cover the shipping cost since they should have let you know that a Windows machine was required to performe the update...

But if you really wanted to get up and running quickly, you've got to know somebody who has a Windows machine, don't you? It wouldn't be too hard to take the M350 and MIDI interface to a friend's house, or even a library, and do the update...

In any case, I don't see how they were misrepresenting the product.

-Duardo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search