The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
presonus studio channel no sound - advice from users..?
Old 21st December 2015
Here for the gear

presonus studio channel no sound - advice from users..?

hi
I recently got a second hand persons studio channel. when I power it up the lights all come on, but I get no audio. Before I try to take it to a repair shop, I wondered if anyone might have a clue what is wrong?

There is no response on the VU meter to mic or line inputs and no sound coming through (well, effectively none: if I plug my keyboard into the instrument input and turn everything up to max and I get a tiny, horribly distort signal, but still nothing on the signal).

I am new to this machine. I bought it to experiment with using a hardware compressor. Could it be the valve needs replacing? Or even with a damaged valve should the VU still be registering something...?

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
Old 21st December 2015
Here for the gear

that should have read...

...*presonus* studio channel
Old 27th February 2016
Here for the gear

I have the exact same issue with my presonus studio channel. Got it second hand, powers up fin I get a hum through the output to my interface but no signal from the trs or xlr inputs. NO VU meter movement. The light doesn't even come on.

Have you had any luck fixing this issue?
Old 27th February 2016
Lives for gear
Hello...Since these are used units ( not saying that it's your problem but worth a mention), make sure that the previous owner gave you the correct power supply for it. It's easy to get supplies mixed up when you have a few laying around in the room..
Old 23rd December 2016
Here for the gear

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the exact same issue. No input signal, but the unit is getting power. Replacing the tube does not work.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

would also love to know how to troubleshoot this issue
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search