The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME Fireface 400 for conversion and preamp?
Old 19th January 2007
Here for the gear

RME Fireface 400 for conversion and preamp?

I was just wondering, why dont I just get a RME Fireface 400 as an audio interface and use its preamp (which is substantially better than the rme800) for my rode NTK to record vocals instead of going with konnekt 24d and grace 101 seperately?

i just record 1 track at a time. is that a good choice? because then after a few months i can expand and purchase a standalone preamp anyways.

its around $900 in the market right now.
anyone recommend it?
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Do not forget that the Konnekt 24 also has some nice and clean preamps, as read in tests! I am not a RME fan! I think they are too transparent and I feel the signal looses dynamic if recorded through an RME converter, but that is just me! This forum is all about these subtile feelings and thoughts, so it may help to hear some other opinions.

I would recommend to buy the Apogee or a MIO Interface! They have nice Pres and great conversion in my opinion! The MIO is of course not as clean as the Apogee, but it really has charme to me!

Good luck on your search my friend!
Old 19th January 2007
Here for the gear

Do you think Konnekt 24D is similar to Fireface 400 in stability, conversion and pre amplification?

I have 1 grand in hand and want an interface with excellent conversion and very good preamp. im down for fireface 400 but im not sure now with the recent thread of someone A/B'n it with the konnekt and getting similar results!
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Head

I got a RME multiface. It is rock solid. I like transparency in a converter. I also like having a converter seperate from a pre. Your not stuck with pre's you don't like using. I say vari you color in your pre.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illicit View Post
Do you think Konnekt 24D is similar to Fireface 400 in stability, conversion and pre amplification?

I have 1 grand in hand and want an interface with excellent conversion and very good preamp. im down for fireface 400 but im not sure now with the recent thread of someone A/B'n it with the konnekt and getting similar results!
Heard excellent thing from the Pres and the conversion of the TC tool! I do not know anything aboout stability, but I am sure TC did a good job.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search