The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
good tom mics
Old 22nd January 2007
Here for the gear

superlux

You might be looking for something higher end, but I got a 5 piece set (bass, snare, 3 toms) from a company called Superlux for a decent deal. There's are lower end, like I said, but I've got some decent sounds outta these. Keep your overheads going and make sure they're getting some of the tom sound too, and you should be fine.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
Audio -technica ATM25 on toms work great for me

Killer budget tom mic for sure. 421's are "king" of course, unless you can afford a bunch of C12's...
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGlory View Post
Beyer 201s. Cheaper than the 421, and just as "quality", although different.
I just got to use one of those on snare and those are great mics, I'll have to try it on toms. I was using 57's for the longest time, then 421's, and now I'm totally sold on Oktava MK-012s. So far I've gotten my best tom sounds to date with those guys. Oktava MK-219s sound totally badass on rack toms as well.

I've been using a modded 219 as well lately, but I love it so much as a room mic I'm not too tempted to try it anywhere else, but I'm sure that it would sound great on toms as the modded mics translate low frequency content so much better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search