The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?
Old 31st August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
My guess would be the HD9999 they are trying to separate off as their first "Pro Audio" headphone and the rest are considered HiFi?
They have one pair under "Hi Fi", one pair under "DJ" and the rest under "Monitoring Headphones". I dunno if the HD9999 is a 4th category.
Old 31st August 2017
Here for the gear

I can't speak of the headphones specifically, but every item listed on iskproaudio.com is what passed Kris's QA standards for selling in North America. That's why you'll see a more limited inventory on iskproaudio.com. No idea if that means those other products are necessarily bad though.
Old 31st August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsparks View Post
I can't speak of the headphones specifically, but every item listed on iskproaudio.com is what passed Kris's QA standards for selling in North America. That's why you'll see a more limited inventory on iskproaudio.com. No idea if that means those other products are necessarily bad though.
That explains a lot. Thx!
Old 2nd September 2017
I was clumsy with a screwdriver and I think I accidentally scraped the pad switch on one of my iSK Pearls. I had to find an eyeglasses repair kit to open up the microphone to take a look inside for a possible fix.

I've attached a couple pictures for those folks interested in the microphone's electronics. I'd like to note that getting the mic back together was a bit difficult due to the size of the screws (one sort of sticks out a bit too much now). But it does function properly after reassembly.
Attached Thumbnails
iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?-img_1562.jpg   iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?-img_1566.jpg   iSK Pro Audio = Low End Heaven ?-img_1564.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Hi. Thank so for the message. They were on the MicsDirect website when I asked about them by the dealer said he doesn't have them any more and won't be stocking them in the future.
Just thought I'd mention that 2B Beautys are back in stock at micsdirect. I ordered one over the weekend and just received confirmation. DPD will be delivering it tomorrow. They have the option to have it fitted with or without the psvane valve (I chose to have it with ).

Hopefully, dickiefunk, you get a chance to grab one this time round.

Last edited by allstar; 2 weeks ago at 09:33 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Just thought I'd mention that 2B Beautys are back in stock at micsdirect. I ordered one over the weekend and just received confirmation. DPD will be delivering it tomorrow. They have the option to have it fitted with or without the psvane valve (I choose to have it with ).

Hopefully, dickiefunk, you get a chance to grab one this time round.
Excellent choice. The psvane tube is an excellent quality tube IMO.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Has anyone tried to open up the 57? I wanted to do a 90 degree mod on one, but i can't unscrew the damn thing, it's like it's welded.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Waiting on my pair of pearls to arrive...excited to give these babies a spin!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M View Post
Waiting on my pair of pearls to arrive...excited to give these babies a spin!
The Pearl is an interesting mic. They sound very natural, have less distortion/color in the lower mids than something like an MK012 and are relatively flat and smooth on the top end.

IMO the Pearl really has no character or color, but the flat natural response is such a welcomed quality. They remind me of my modded MK012's without the color in the lower mids. The stock premium electronics in the Pearl are really evident in the capture. Really nice detail.

I'm interested to hear what you think of them.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search