The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
cheaper Shure SM-58 alternative
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkon View Post
This is probably right, considering what the pair of "clones" I got was like. They were less than 30 USD each though to be fair, but if they're not usable, what's the point? I just did it to "find out" as an experiment really.

..for me.. I choose sm58's first, I only have these when i come across a giant horn band once or twice a year from NO that "requires" 8 frekin 58's across the front of a 16' stage .. and I have 3 other systems out at other clubs, each with 4 58's in there mic pack ...so that's 16 58's already in use ..so i put a bunch of these in my box ..and found them "just fine" and yes ..tad brighter ..slightly crappier handling noise..but very "useable".. NO ONE has noticed on or off stage..maybe 1 person said "hey..what's that?"..they are not for studio and mine don't have an on off switch screwing with the circuit ..but hey..YMMV

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
..for me.. I choose sm58's first, I only have these when i come across a giant horn band once or twice a year from NO that "requires" 8 frekin 58's across the front of a 16' stage .. and I have 3 other systems out at other clubs, each with 4 58's in there mic pack ...so that's 16 58's already in use ..so i put a bunch of these in my box ..and found them "just fine" and yes ..tad brighter ..slightly crappier handling noise..but very "useable".. NO ONE has noticed on or off stage..maybe 1 person said "hey..what's that?"..they are not for studio and mine don't have an on off switch screwing with the circuit ..but hey..YMMV

Hahahah...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search