All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MARTIAUDIO Booster barrel vs cloudlifter vs fethead
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear
Anyone used the FEL ?

FEL Mini MicBooster Preamp - micbooster.com
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Addict

Can't speak for any of the others but I've been using a Cathedral Pipes Durham for about a year and a half with great results. Mostly with a transformerless SM58. The combination has worked really well for me, taking the transformer out of the 58 makes it sound fantastic, and the Durham easily compensates for the signal loss without appreciable coloration or increase in noise.
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOQuantity View Post
Can't speak for any of the others but I've been using a Cathedral Pipes Durham for about a year and a half with great results. Mostly with a transformerless SM58. The combination has worked really well for me, taking the transformer out of the 58 makes it sound fantastic, and the Durham easily compensates for the signal loss without appreciable coloration or increase in noise.
Sounds crazy but I might just have a play with this.
Old 27th July 2019
Gear Head

I have a Cloudlifter and it suits me just fine. Money is not an issue in the sense that we are talking under $100 difference. I am happy with what I have and I don't need to try them all because I like my Cloudlifter. It is a time-tested box that does what is supposed to do.

But really I posted to say that about half of the replies here seem to be from people who say things just to say them and read what they wrote. Not only that but they are mildly derogatory when there is no need for that. Things like this explain why I have a ten year badge but not that many posts. I read to get information and usually do not find the need to post about it unless I need clarification. Try to get it together guys.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm probably going to order a Marti 'cos my FetHead is falling apart.

This is the only part that concerns me about the Mari Barrel.

Quote:
You also need to plug it with care otherwise everything will get pushed in, even by millimetres and the booster will not work or will create shorts!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post

Quote:
You also need to plug it with care otherwise everything will get pushed in, even by millimetres and the booster will not work or will create shorts!!
Hey Guys, It seems like a good time to mention that all Cloudlifters come with a lifetime limited warranty to the original owner, our policy is to promptly replace any unit that fails under the terms of the warranty. I know of no one else making electronic devices that stands behind their product FOREVER. And it's fully made in the USA.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post

I own a Cloudlifter CL-1 and CL-Z. I can't imagine any scenario in which a Cloudlifter would fall apart. Very solid performance and build quality with the Cloudlifters.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOQuantity View Post
There are transformerless SM58s? Are they sold transformerless from Shure or is this a modded mic?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search