Novation Nocturn and Logic X
Old 20th July 2013
Gear interested

Novation Nocturn and Logic X

Hi there,
i come from Studio One and just installed Logic Pro X.
I've been playing around a few hours, but i can't get to work properly my Novation Nocturn: it's an external Midi controller that gets connected via USB and that basically has 8 knobs and a few buttons.
My goal is to use it with Smart Controls, assigning parameters for each instrument / effect to one of the knobs.

While in S1 this is fantastically easy, i can't get it done in Logic X. The signals are received from Logic, as moving the knobs randomly affects some parameters, but i can't get on how to assign them properly (and hopefully once for all once i do the job for each of the instruments / effects i use).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Are you not using automap?
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear
it will be something along these lines.

Old 26th July 2013
Gear interested

We have a guide at Can I use Automap with Logic X? | on how to set up Automap in Logic X.

Once this is done, you should be able to edit your mappings in the Automap > Mixer plugin mappings page by selecting the device you want to edit the mapping for and using the 'Edit mapping' button.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Novation Technical support
Old 26th July 2013
Lives for gear

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search