The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Live Sound

Sub forums RSS Feed for Live Sound
Stage Lighting
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey hey! Just a quick note about what should and shouldn't go here - If you have a query/topic/thought about live RECORDING...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 22,779
Whitecat 12th December 2012

i'm interested in hearing your thoughts/practical experience in using true lcr systems and (to a lesser degree) stereo systems...

deedeeyeah
replies: 8 views: 304
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I had an idea and wondered if anyone tried this? - Long, narrow venue maybe 4 meters wide and 12 meters long. Lots of people. ...

Dano Clam
replies: 2 views: 120
Samc 5 hours ago

I'm just looking for people to share stories of dealing with jerks/grumps and other forms of ridiculousness at gigs. At a recent...

bambamboom
replies: 170 views: 7,847
Samc 5 hours ago

Does anyone recognize the mics on the Japan emperor?

tom333
replies: 8 views: 495
Papa Tom 11 hours ago

Well I started a tour this last weekend that will go for the next 4 months. I am not mixing the headliner, so the production...

Aisle 6
replies: 15 views: 605
Dutchy15 12 hours ago

I want to feed two phantom-powered "choir"type condenser mics into one phantom-powered mixer channel. The folks at ART...

Papa Tom
replies: 0 views: 120
Papa Tom 12 hours ago

I am doing audio for a high school talent competition where musical and dance acts perform in front of judges- Very 'America's...

pschrock
replies: 2 views: 273
Dutchy15 12 hours ago

We use a QSC K8 PA speaker for a floor monitor. Looking for any ingenious hacks out there to make the thing point up toward the...

Sven62
replies: 3 views: 215
lschwart 12 hours ago

HI there. Looking for a solution that I've been dealing with for a while... I currently use a KMS 105 on stage as my vocal...

SparkyCanada
replies: 88 views: 1,814
Samc 17 hours ago

Hello, All! I am currently doing sound for a band using stage monitors. They would like to make the jump to IEMs and I have...

JourdainF
replies: 6 views: 424
shufflebeat 1 day ago

I really feel like RCA needs to go the hell away already, it's 2018 yet I'm still dealing with a connector type that was already...

badsearcher
replies: 11 views: 518
S21 1 day ago

Very little info on this...Does anyone have experience with this mic? Though i realise that's not it's intended main use, I'm...

buzz80
replies: 0 views: 275
buzz80 2 days ago

The concert venue that I started to work has one of these; BSS Audio...

PureData
replies: 11 views: 2,849
MIKEHARRIS 3 days ago

Hi slutz, What preamp are you using with your Synth ? Are you happy with it ? I play on a minilogue and consider buying à...

Zop
replies: 2 views: 327
dethbyoogabooga 4 days ago

I hope I'm in the right forum to ask this quesiton... Ok, so I'm a singer, and I use a Fender Passport Venue for my gigs. I...

drstorm
replies: 9 views: 405
drstorm 4 days ago

From what I've read here, the Waves F6 would be a good tool when working with vocalists who can get a little harsh at certain...

IraSeigel
replies: 6 views: 467
peterwagner 4 days ago

I recently did my own small study on the DSP load from a very small 8 ch. session with 3 different plugins on each channel. I...

PeterJK
replies: 1 views: 369
jfpenkala 4 days ago

Hey guys, I haven't been here in awhile, so forgive me if this has been covered, but can anyone explain to me the difference in...

SirBullet
replies: 22 views: 10,636
ihearanewworld 5 days ago

Hi All, I'm going to try give as much info as possible to try give a clear picture, but I WILL forget something so just ask if...

crazydrum95
replies: 13 views: 573
Samc 5 days ago

I need some advice as to whether my live setup is reliable and how I could improve it. I have a gig coming up at the end of...

kxbooks
replies: 12 views: 576
kxbooks 5 days ago

Hey all, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the microphone technique used in this performance. Its Alright Ma (Im...

JakobChallis
replies: 6 views: 1,134
loujudson 5 days ago

We have a little Speaker company in Spain, we need to buy Empty Plastic Speakers, but some of these with its amplifier module....

rober_dt
replies: 4 views: 442
Danyloo 1 week ago

One of my close friends asked me for some help with their church sound system. The system that is in there is about 10 to 20...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 14 views: 600
hughshouse 1 week ago

This may be a stupid question but in this industry, if you don't ask, you don't learn! Why is the male end of a speakon...

Welshhobo
replies: 22 views: 744
S21 1 week ago

Amazon.com : Stansport Deluxe Freighter Aluminum Pack Frame : External Frame Backpacks : Sports & Outdoors Long story...

badsearcher
replies: 7 views: 401
S21 1 week ago

Is there a simple/low cost standalone box that converts a single MADI BNC to MADI MM fiber (vice versa)? Most (forum/goog...

netsound
replies: 3 views: 303
netsound 1 week ago

Why are we destroying live Acoustic Music for the sake of loudness? If you care about music you should hopefully have heard...

driftinduke
replies: 158 views: 10,473
Samc 1 week ago

slightly different than the usual seeking of advice, but yes, i'm looking for a headset mic. mainly for busking in the...

eor
replies: 5 views: 422
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hi, I don't have the money, but more importantly, not the room for a regular e-drum set unfortunately. Now this controller...

toniostarcevic
replies: 2 views: 258
toniostarcevic 1 week ago

Who has ventured into China made speaker arrays? Cabinets look OK in most cases. Pricing might allow one to replace drivers...

GrievousAngel
replies: 18 views: 1,110
Schoeller 1 week ago

Sorry if this has been covered: I am flummoxed by the fact that the Zed 60 14fx mixer is $449, while the Zed 12fx is $499. In...

Tonefinder
replies: 2 views: 292
cheu78 1 week ago

I've decided I don't like the sound of my Roland KC-350s anymore. Not hi-fi enough. Organs sound shrill, pianos too boomy. I...

bitflipper
replies: 10 views: 1,078
bowzin 1 week ago

Hey, Longtime lurker, first time poster. ;) I'm starting a new project which is primarily electronic, my background is...

Thegleam
replies: 2 views: 335
Thegleam 1 week ago

I have been looking for a pro level 12 for a little while now. Some I’ve narrowed it down to are the jbl vp7212/95dp and...

Sants
replies: 2 views: 285
Sants 1 week ago

Hey Guys... I'm hoping to get some input from those of you who have experience with the following Powered 12" Tops. Which...

SirBullet
replies: 64 views: 16,665
abzurd 1 week ago

Hi Guys, looking for a bit of advice with regard to upgrading my PA. I run sound and provide equipment for bands bringing...

chuck_t
replies: 20 views: 771
Samc 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have a question, how do you travel with your own desk when you go on tour and you have to fly? Do you usually ship...

leo_slash
replies: 35 views: 1,959
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

For those that know or do it. I run a 5 piece covers band, regular pop funk stuff. XR18 desk. 2 guitarists. All band are on...

pani
replies: 133 views: 3,076
psycho_monkey 2 weeks ago

3:) new compact digital console Soundcraft Si IMPACT B-) Best Groover

Grooveman
replies: 183 views: 48,695
Aisle 6 2 weeks ago

From here: https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/videos/10155718169853914/ It looks like X32 owners will have the ability to...

OneEng
replies: 40 views: 3,578
51u6d15c0 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 278
garagebanddude 2 weeks ago

My band uses a small mackie mixer on stage for all of our synths, so the sound person doesn't have to work out mixing five...

kevinsparks
replies: 3 views: 387
Pro Sound Guy 2 weeks ago

I am looking for microphone options for a public speaker I work with. The theme is meditation and peace talks, to give an idea,...

mdryan
replies: 24 views: 675
Wyllys 2 weeks ago

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new RCF Sub 702 AS-II? I'm looking for a single compact sub to go with my small PA setup....

camelian
replies: 32 views: 5,260
badsearcher 2 weeks ago

I'm researching trying to find the best solution for in ear monitors / ear protection when something goes wrong. As I see it, ...

laddie.music2
replies: 5 views: 782
Acoustic fix 2 weeks ago

Hello. What kind of lavs do jimmy kimmel's guests get mic'd up with? Example below

peterwannabe
replies: 2 views: 397
Mr P 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm gonna be playing the music tomorrow at an indoor event. According to DigitalDJTips.com, Mono should be used over Stereo...

Fargo
replies: 19 views: 782
abzurd 2 weeks ago

I need to find a great lavalier mic for use in live reinforcement, recording and streaming simultaneously. Currently using...

Soundsgoodman
replies: 7 views: 1,903
peterwannabe 2 weeks ago

Hi guys! So I've been trying to crack the code to finding the best setup for live looping as I've found it pretty difficult to...

pppyyy
replies: 1 views: 272
chris661 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, Please give me a hand with this situation, I'll apreciate it. I got the "Behringer Powerplay P1...

Axl1985
replies: 10 views: 398
1jordyzzz 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search